Not hugging them but at least like... take a closer look? This is a whole new world you guys are in. What if those are just how the locals look? Surely you've seen some strange characters in the other worlds you've visited.
I mean, yeah, we’ll keep an eye out for locals and stuff, but if it attacks like heartless, isn’t physical like heartless, and dies like heartless–
1. write down how much you study over time, then write down how you did on the quiz/test. this will help you see the amount of studying is nessecary for you to get a good grade and fully learn the material!!!
2. make your study space smell fresh, preferably of mint. mint helps you focus and stay sharp. other good smells would be lemon, etc.
3. after studying for a long amount of time, go exercise for ~30 min. shower, get dressed, etc then review the info you had just been studying! you should come back fresher, and your brain is able to remember the info even better!
4. don’t always study in comfy/pj clothes. if you study a lot after school or classes, then it’s ok. but if all you plan on doing is studying for that day, for part of the day get dressed up! put on some business casual wear, that’s cute yet functional and do your hair, etc. this will put you in a “get shit done” mode.
5. after studying a unit/chapter, record yourself explaining it, as if to a person whose never heard of it. this helps SO MUCH. one, explaining/teaching helps you learn so much better, and two, you have a little video to review just before the test!!
6. study on the floor. if you have a carpeted area in your home, spread out all study materials, a white board, etc and study! it helps so much because you are comfertable and everything is within reach. do this if you need a break from desk studying.
concept: i’m one of those girls who wears oversized sweaters and soft sneakers and has nice pens and who drinks naked smoothies and who smiles at people and lights up rooms. i’m one of those girls who takes notes and participates in class and who comes home and does all of her homework. i’m one of those girls who reads and reads and reads and watches ted-ed videos and learns and retains all of that knowledge while still being kind because knowledge and kindness are both very powerful, but together they are unstoppable.
Always be committed to developing your mind. Learn something new every single day. Read things that no one else is reading. Never stop learning new knowledge, for we were given this amazing ability for a reason.
I believe that suffering is part of the narrative, and that nothing really good gets built when everything’s easy. I believe that loss and emptiness and confusion often give way to new fullness and wisdom.
Shauna Niequist, Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, and Learning the Hard Way