sometimes i’m like ‘should i really be going to grad school? am i really good enough to do this? will it do me any good? should i just go straight to a job??’ but then i think about the courses i’m gonna have to take and the research i’m gonna have to do and get so excited
When I was 12 years old, I took a 3 month Martial Arts class which was a mixture of everything from kick boxing to tai chi.
One of the first things we learned and something we had to practice everyday for at least 30 minutes was - how to fall.
People literally carried us and threw us on the ground (well, mat).
Initially, it was painful. I was always so afraid. I mean how could I just stand there knowing that the person in front of me was going to pick me up and throw me! And then stand up again so the person behind them could do the same. And then stand up yet again for another person to do that.
Of course I knew it was because we had to learn how to fall. It wasn’t just about the other people knowing how to throw people. It was more about us learning how we must fall. Or rather, how we must break our fall.
It’s there I learned that there’s a ‘correct’ way to fall.
It seemed so absurd to me! It seemed so unfair!
Why did we need to learn how to fall? Why couldn’t we just learn how to not fall instead?
But soon in life I realized, we don’t often get a say in whether we fall or not. Whether life picks us up only to brutally bring us down harder. However, that summer I did learn that we can choose to fall in a way that minimises the damage and the pain, because falling is inevitable and most times out of our control but how we fall and get back up is always up to us.
-never forget to rest (imurdermyselfwiththistipbecauseihavenochillandicantrest)
-make mistakes and correct them
-learn from life experiences
-reward yourself with something after successful arting
-if the art was not successful just have a lil piece of candy
-never let peoples criticism let you down,just learn from them. ovo
-remember that not everyone is gonna like your art but the ones who will love it will cheer you on or pressure you with making more art (its best to not pressure yourself and just go with the flow no matter what)
-health comes first
-socialize (lol what is social life- i mean)
-try not to stab your tablet-
-dont put yourself down by looking at other artists art and comparing theirs to yours (remember a child just doesnt come out of their mama and draw like a dang leonardo da vinchi )
-manage time ( you will literally draw for 8 hours straight if you’re in the mood but please dont burn your eyes out by staring at your computer/traditional art is good but rest yo hand )
-draw a lot of butts (trustmethisisagoodtip)
-search up references
-do not copy others art just get some ideas from them and make up something from your head
1. write down how much you study over time, then write down how you did on the quiz/test. this will help you see the amount of studying is nessecary for you to get a good grade and fully learn the material!!!
2. make your study space smell fresh, preferably of mint. mint helps you focus and stay sharp. other good smells would be lemon, etc.
3. after studying for a long amount of time, go exercise for ~30 min. shower, get dressed, etc then review the info you had just been studying! you should come back fresher, and your brain is able to remember the info even better!
4. don’t always study in comfy/pj clothes. if you study a lot after school or classes, then it’s ok. but if all you plan on doing is studying for that day, for part of the day get dressed up! put on some business casual wear, that’s cute yet functional and do your hair, etc. this will put you in a “get shit done” mode.
5. after studying a unit/chapter, record yourself explaining it, as if to a person whose never heard of it. this helps SO MUCH. one, explaining/teaching helps you learn so much better, and two, you have a little video to review just before the test!!
6. study on the floor. if you have a carpeted area in your home, spread out all study materials, a white board, etc and study! it helps so much because you are comfertable and everything is within reach. do this if you need a break from desk studying.
it has been one of the greatest and most difficult years of my life. i learned everything is temporary. moments. feelings. people. flowers. i learned love is about giving- everything- and letting it hurt. i learned vulnerability is always the right choice because it is easy to be cold in a world that makes it so very difficult to remain soft. i learned all things come in twos: life and death, pain and joy, sugar and salt, me and you. it is the balance of the universe. it has been the year of hurting so bad but living so good, making friends out of strangers, making strangers out of friends, learning [sweet tea] will fix just about everything and for the pains it can’t, there will always be my mother’s arms. We must learn to focus on warm energy, always. soak our limbs in it and become better lovers to the world, for if we can’t learn to be kinder to each other how will we ever learn to be kinder to the most desperate parts of ourselves.
I am posting this on here, Tumblr, because I really think a bunch need to learn what the word RESPECT means
This is also regarding for something a bunch of people ask me before; “do you know what happened to UltimaAlmighty?”, and what happened to him after his mistake was awful, and all thanks to people treating him with HATE, a way to disrespect someone as a human,
instead of ignore him or block him. If you don’t like someone (including me) don’t waste your time, keep living and block the people you don’t like, like ignoring someone in school. The same with Felix AKA PewDiePie, JonTron and MORE, hope they are doing super ok.
Jokes are not defining people, our actions in real life defining us, don’t follow someones post with a hate, or some news on the internet, no no, look at what people do in real life, or just ignore and keep living!
I really hope a bunch of you learn from someone really nice, Markiplier.. I hope this video teaches you something, maybe a little thing, but something good.
“Treat people the way you want to be treated”
Everyone, have a really nice day.
and sorry, again, for not posting drawings, I am still working on this animation WITH JOKES, the most scary thing for everyone!!