Ok *cracks fingers* I have 3 ideas free to choose which you like the most : -platonic reader and Jefferson as roommates engaging a pasta food battle (hello again) -fake dating with (our little gay turtle ) Laurens To help him face is Dad -aaaaaaand hamisquad meet theirs soulmate's parents headcanon (Okay it's maybe a little too much ^^')
ILL DO THE HEAD-CANON CAUSE I HAVE NOT DONE ANY IN AWHILE!!
- is a nervous mess, thinking he’ll say the wrong thing
- mixes up your mom and dad, calls your dad miss
- brings in things that he created
- your parents like him, even though he’s sweating through his clothes
“Mulligan, you’ll be fine!” You said, rubbing his fingers. He turned to you slowly, and you gasped at the amount of sweat he produced. You’ve never seen him this nervous before, not even after the war.
“I can’t do this.” He whispered, the liquid dripping onto your hands. You pulled away, grabbing the six additional shirts you brought just in case this happened.
- has a way with words so this isn’t that bad
- talks their soulmates parent’s ears to death
- they seem to like him
-but also want him to go away
“Can you just stop talking for once, Alex? Your food is going to get cold!” You hissed, nudging him. He looked at you, widening his eyes.
“But there’s just one more thing-!” He turned back to your mom, telling her about something that seemed pointless. She smiled sweetly at him, but you saw the exasperation in her eyes. You sighed, shaking your head.
- is excited, prepares an outfit weeks beforehand
- brings your mother flowers, brings your dad tickets to ??
- even though he’s sweet, your parents are suspicious
- smooth talks them with his french, they are won over instantly
Lafayette held out the flowers to your mom, and she blushed, sniffing it once. He nodded, passing your dad the tickets that you told him he would like. Your dad thanked Lafayette, looking at you suspiciously. You shrugged.
“Nice to meet you! I am grateful to be in the presence of such a wonderful family. Mon amour, Y/N, told me so much about you!” There he goes, impressing them with his French.
- wears his favorite green turtle tie
- smiles nervously at your parents but you hold his hand to reassure him
- your parents end up showing him all of your embarrassing pictures
- john tells you that you look lovely, even with the picture of that incident
“Mom, please, not that picture.” You said, covering your face. You knew this was a bad idea, but you didn’t realize how bad it was going to be. John grinned happily, sitting closer to your mother and father. He looked at you, squeezing your hand once. You frowned at him.
“And this is Y/N’s first bath. She was a chubby thing back then-”