I know it was just posted, but I love the story with Jamie and Claire being handfast to keep safe from Randall! Please continue it! You are all amazing writers!
anonymous asked: COuld you do a follow up of that quick thinking prompt, with them hand fasting by the fire and then smuttyness upstairs. Claire seems more at ease in that au would she be whent hey got upstairs too?
anonymous asked: OMG the last one where Jamie and Claire decide to handfast after lying about it to BJR! I loved it but I want more, they realized their feelings very fast and I would love -aside from a wedding night, of course- to see a conversation between them about how they feel, they are so lovely and the first promot made me so emotional I just want more! <3
It wasn’t until Jamie had locked the door behind them that Claire realized what had happened.
She stood a few paces into the room, facing the bed - the sheets all rumpled from where she’d slept the night before, and arisen - was it only an hour ago? - when she heard Black Jack Randall’s hoofbeats in the dooryard.
She felt, rather than heard, Jamie behind her, standing quietly. Breathing.
Dear God - what had they done?
Slowly she turned to face him. His chest was rising and falling with short, shallow breaths. He licked his lips, twisting his fingers. She wanted so badly to say something, anything - but couldn’t.
Silence - heavy and awkward, bloomed between them.
What had she done?
Startled, he cleared his throat, his eyes piercing hers. Heady. “Aye?” he rasped.
She wiped suddenly sweaty palms on the think creases of her skirt. “Are we - are we married? I’m not familiar with handfasting.”
He flushed - a lovely, dusky color creeping from the open neck of his shirt almost all the way to his hairline. “Ach. Weel - yes, and no. Handfasting - it’s traditionally used when there is no priest about, to make the vows formal. It’s valid for a year and a day.”
Claire bravely stepped closer. “And what happens after the year and the day are finished?”
He swallowed. She tore her gaze from his, and watched the fingers of his left hand tap restlessly against the wool of his kilt.
“The man and woman can choose to be wed properly, or they can go their separate ways.”
She took another step closer. “Tell me, Jamie. Am I your wife now?”
He moved from his position against the door and came to stand directly in front of her. Gently he took her hand - her right hand, and softly, tenderly traced the pad of his thumb around the base of her right ring finger. Where, God willing, she’d one day wear his ring.
“If ye’ll have me,” he breathed, mesmerized by the exquisite softness of her skin. “If ye want us to live as husband and wife. It’s no’ up to me.”
Her palm straightened against his touch, and she brought the heel of her palm directly against his. Captivated, he twined their fingers together, squeezing tightly.
“But I thought that was what we did downstairs - that we have to live as husband and wife. That we have to - to consummate.”
Her voice wavered a bit - but her eyes, so strong, so brave, still held his.
“I’ll never do anything ye dinna wish to, Claire,” he said, so softly she could barely hear.
Her brow furrowed in confusion. “I don’t understand -”
He tore his eyes from hers and watched, mesmerized, as his thumb circled the backs of her knuckles. “It’s only the two of us in here, Claire. We have the rest of the day to ourselves. I willna force ye to do anything ye dinna wish to. Ye have to bear my name for the next year and day, but if ye wish to go back to being Claire Beauchamp after that, I’ll no’ stop ye. If ye dinna wish to lie wi’ me today, I willna force ye. If ye dinna wish to sleep in my bed once we return to Leoch, I will find another chamber in which to live.”
He wanted so badly to just hold her, crush her body to him, bury his face in her neck. But he didn’t. He couldn’t.
“I want to give ye choices, Claire. The gift of choice. To choose whether to live as my wife, or live on yer own. I’ll protect ye to the last drop of blood in my body, I swear to ye I will. That won’t change, no matter what ye decide. And if ye choose another man - well, it would be verra hard for me, but I’d understand.”
His eyes were tightly shut now, relishing the miracle of her skin against his. Steeling himself for the rejection.
But it never came. Because Claire was overcome with the affection and bravery and gallantry and selflessness of the man before her - this amazing, thoughtful, courageous, quick-thinking man who had just saved her life. And who was willing - quite clearly - to do whatever it took to ensure her safety.
So she tilted up his chin, waited for his beautiful eyes to open and lock with hers, and slowly, slowly moved in for a kiss.
Dusk. Sunbeams of orange and yellow and pink knifed through the dirty windowpane.
In the dooryard, Rupert sang to the horses. Angus cursed at Willie.
In the bed, Jamie dreamed.
At the window, Claire drew Jamie’s plaid tighter around her shoulders. Reflective.
He was - had been - a virgin. She smiled, feeling so wanton at how they’d spent the day learning each other, exploring and teasing. Laughing.
He had told her everything about himself - his name, clan, and family. What he had overheard Dougal saying the night before. Why he had slept, cold and uncomfortable, outside her door last night.
She had told him everything about herself. About her parents, and Uncle Lamb. And Frank. And the stones.
He didn’t understand it - but he listened. Asked very good questions. And then held her tighter against him, as if anchoring her to him here, on this day, in this time.
And then he’d kissed the bruises on her belly that Randall had made two days prior. Promised her that she’d never have to see him again, that he’d keep her safe for the rest of their days, if she’d let him.
She would. He had already done more - and proven that he would do more, if need be - than Frank ever would. Ever could.
Claire turned away from the window and just watched Jamie for a long moment. He looked like a young boy - hair tousled, limbs askew.
Her heart soared.
And then he woke, slowly eased himself up on his elbows, and smiled at her.
“Ye look like an angel, crowned wi’ light,” he said softly, voice full of awe.
She swiftly padded over to the bed and sat on his lap, wrapping the plaid around both of them. Bringing them close. Sheltering them from the world.
“I have something to tell you.”
His brow furrowed, but he steadied his face. Ready for anything, after the unbelievable events that this day - the most terrifying and exhilarating day of his life - had brought.
“Oh, aye? What is it?”
She met his eyes - and took a deep breath.
Beneath the plaid, his thumb gently traced the arch of her hipbone. “Yes what?”
She sat up a bit straighter, and her face split into a smile.
“Yes, Jamie. Yes, I’ll live as your wife-”
She wanted to add “if you’ll have *me*” - but couldn’t, as Jamie’s lips had already stolen her breath.
I’m sorry this is completely jumbled and without a keep reading cut, I am on mobile and am a busy tourist :’D Just some stuff I found worth noting from Thursday!! Will do another one for today (Friday)’s show if I can manage to take notes without collapsing in a heap of feels :’) (I may compare with last week’s show, sorry I couldn’t prepare a big post on the Saturday show but @torestoreamends did a great job of that so do go check out her recap post if you want to know more!)
- JAMES HOWARD IS AMAZING AS DRACO HE IS EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED
- JAMIE AS SCORPIUS IS A+++++ he does the cloak flapping and flourishing spot on (as well as the getting it tangled on his head) and the way he keeps tucking his hair behind his ears omg. It was cute seeing Anto’s Scorpius do it but even more so when Jamie did that!!! *melts*
- oh and Sam keeps failing to do the big muggle clothes -> robes change at the beginning when they all twirl and let their robes fall. It’s a minor thing but it happened last Saturday too. :’)
- just a small thing I noticed: when they infiltrate the ministry, there are workers carrying stacks of documents around and this one female worker had her documents perfectly balanced on one finger as she walked past. It was a cool detail!
- the ppl sitting beside me on both sides both hadn’t read any spoilers so that was so much fun! I loved their gasps and whispers of ‘HOW DID THEY DO THAT?!’ whenever the Ministry telephone box sucked up the cloaks. I think it’s a fine piece of theatre magic too.♡
-THE BREAD SCENE WAS RIDICULOUS Scorpius sounded a little trumpet fanfare thing as he mimed breaking a baguette. Something like ‘du-du-duuuuuun!!’ and Rose and Albus were just staring. Bless.
- I just realized Delphi’s hair isn’t just a bouncy ponytail, it’s got these little half-buns on top (like when you don’t pull out your hair completely and keep it as a loop when you tie it). It adds to the bounce and I liked it!
- Baby or a holiday got massive peals of laughter, the audience was amazing. They all laughed when Delphi denied Scorpius a kiss as well.
- Let me elaborate on that scene bc it was ridiculous: Albus just goes all…. all flirty like OFF THE SCALE FLIRTY and the crowd just HOWLED and when Scorpius leaned in for a kiss Delphi said her signature ‘no.’ and that got a big laugh too. Then Scorpius says in his super ridiculous voice ‘SHE DIDN’T KIIIISSSSSS MEEEEEEEEEE.’ but Albus was being pale and red at the same time so then he reverts to his regular voice like ‘did you notice?’ it was really cute and fjdhsjsgakshal.
- But Scorpius was NOT enthusiastic about any of this at all. Nope. He was just… going along half heartedly I think.
-Scorpius didn’t feel like doing anything Albus was planning. Even in the library scene he wasn’t as animated as James’s Scorpius last week. James’s Scorpius was highly optimistic, he’s bouncy and smiley and trying to make the best of the situation, but Anto’s was overall very anxious and withdrawn and unsure of himself and the situation. I think Anto might be a bit tired from his LA trip, he was kinda droopy all evening. Also his voice was really gravelly rather than posh so it wasn’t what I expected?? (I’m worried that he might be ill or something;; ) The anxious look made a great staircase ballet scene though. His expression was so droopy and sad that it looked even more heartbreaking during the pining. MY HEART.
- The first ‘slightly weird 24 hours’ hug was a bit rushed, but the library hug was magnificent. Truly. Magnificent. I will get back to this later.
- Speaking of the library scene: this was the only part so far where Scorpius stopped curling up/fidgeting/looking down at his feet/biting his fingernails and just straightened up. He got up from his chair, staightened up, (I can’t remember if he had his hands on his hips/thumb casually tucked in his pocket or not) and SMIRKED. ‘Oh poor Albus Potter.’ He literally spat that. Ooooooooo so much Draco Malfoy in that. Oooooo.
- But then he started crying not when he talked about his mom, but when Albus apologized. He hid his face in one hand, pinching the bridge of his nose and was ABOUT to get weepy when Albus started talking more about himself. :p Haha.
- THE HUG. Scorpius was totally huddled up on himself with his arms wrapped around his body, all throughout Albus’s apology, and when Albus offered his hand with his 'Friends?’ line, it took him a moment before accepting the handshake. Which he did with only one hand so his arm was still curled around his body. THEN ALBUS PULLED HIM INTO A BIG HUG AND SCORPIUS’ ARMS WERE TRAPPED BETWEEN THEIR CHESTS and he was also awkwardly teetering on his feet because Albus had pulled him too far from where he was originally standing and he had to rely on Albus entirely for support BECAUSE HE COULDN’T FREE HIS ARMS TO SUPPORT HIMSELF. IT WAS GLORIOUS. SCORPIUS JUST STARTED FLAILING HIS FEET TO GET A BETTER GROUND BUT NOPE DIDN’T WORK. Best hug ever. All the feeeeels.
- ANTO WITH GLASSES AND A WAISTCOAT WILL BE THE END OF ME
- When Hermione at the TWT asks them why Scorpius’s accent is weird, Albus reassured her with his fake Bulgarian accent then gestured towards Scorpius who started shaking his hands and shoulders all jerkily making weird roar-y animal noises. I have no idea what that was supposed to be, but it was HILARIOUS.
- Myrtle was so-so. I’m happy I got to see Annabel play her last week, her Myrtle is brilliant.
- The dementors at rhe end of the play came down and BRUSHED SCORPIUS’S FOREHEAD LOVINGLY(???) WITH THEIR FINGERS THAT WAS SO SCARY
I’ll be back with more feels after part 2!!! fjdhsks feel free to poke me in my askbox if you’d like any elaboration on specific details. I’ll do my best to reply but I can’t guarantee you a satisfactory answer bc I am horrible at writing :’)
Sense ur quite the web comic veteran yourself, i was wondering if you have any all time favorite webcomics or recs that youd be willing to share???:)
Sure! These are the comics that I enjoy, though it might seem like a random hodgepodge in terms of genre LOL:
Orange Junk by @heldrad - very cute Shoujo-esque comedy that pokes fun at a lot of your typical shoujo tropes. The characters are all precious babbus and I love them all. Heldrad’s art style is so unique too ??? Like it has that manga-vibe, but it’s just….DIFFERENT??? LOLIDK But I love it so much, it’s absolutely gorgeous. This is one of the stories where I get very emotionally invested in the characters LOL I JUST WANT THEM TO BE HAPPY.
This is Not Fiction by @tinfcomic - I think many of you read this one, but it’s sOO CUTE HOW CAN I NOT RECOMMEND. The plot is so much fun and so unique…like it’s very comedy but makes it feel like mystery too B/C WHO IS SYDNEY MORGAN????? we just don’t know (yet). Also the characters are A+ and never fail to make me smile :)
The Summer of Blake Sinclair by @30knight - One of my favorite webcomics. I adore the art style and flow of the comic, the characters are all so unique and dynamic, and the story and struggles that the characters went through was such an amazing journey to read. I would highly recommend this one to you guys if you like reading about imperfect characters figuring out life. It’s complete and hard copies are also available! (Also, bascially any comic by 30knight is…amazing. I also loved Penelope’s Far-Out Mantic)
Wilde Life by @lepas - Started reading this one last year, immediately fell in love. Beautiful artwork, amazing characters, and an interesting story. I love the myths explored and how the author interprets them/executes them in the plot. I’m really looking forward to seeing the adventures that await the characters and how they will affect them (currently waiting with anticipation to see Oscar and Cliff’s conversation in the upcoming pages)
Jamie by @ndgo - I cry about Jamie at every stream I do omg;; BUT LMAO A very adorable coming-of-age comic. Precious characters– I love their interactions with each other, particularly between Jamie and Vicky, and Jamie and Aiden. Ndgo is also a super passionate author and I’m incredibly excited to learn more about the other characters and see the growing/changing relationships in this story :)
Stereophonic by @cjpa - Another very interesting comic with a unique plot. YA JUST KNOW IT’S GONNA HURT YOU LOL. The characters are all very dynamic and I’m veeerry much looking forward to learning more about them and seeing what is in store for them. Also gorgeous art, I cry every time.
Shaderunners by @linkeepsitreal & @capitalette - GORGEOUS ART, GORGEOUS STORY. The moment I began reading it, I was hooked. It has such an interesting world and beautifully crafted dialogue. LIKE I LOVE THE DIALOGUE, I have never adored the dialogue in a series as much as I have in Shaderunners. And the art is so lovely, I love how each character is so unique. I can’t wait to see what these guys get up to in the plot, it is very promising!
Jamie at Lallybroch reminds me of my high school BF. He wrecked my car and made me tell my family that I was the one who did it because he didn’t want to get in trouble. Needless to say that relash didn’t last. Also, HE WAS A FUCKING TEENAGER, Jamie. You’re an adult.
OMG what? That’s awful??? I hope you dumped his ass immediately. But yeah, Jamie needs to own the fuck up and tell everyone it was his fault she left. I can’t deal with all of this unnecessary hatred towards Claire.