Alternian Translations #4
Let’s look at some more of Dammek’s wall:
Gee, Dammek, tell us how you really feel.
Yup. Pretty much the right reaction to seeing drones in the sky.
This image hanging up on that same wall in Dammek’s hive, but the copy I used for translation is a higher-res image that had been released in one of the promos. A few translation notes on this one:
- This poster has several more spelling errors. The text at the top should read: “For all this pomp and circumstance this seems like a more accurate depiction!” The text on the arrow pointing at the corpses should read: “She’s in this with someone else / the white man??”
- I’m pretty sure about the number 5,190 - that’s what it looks like, and the characters don’t really match any letters, but we don’t have a lot of samples of numbers in Alternian. The clock on top of the portal in Dammek’s hive appears to read “11:11:…” though, so I think it’s safe to assume they use our numbers.
- Alternian appears to use double-tick marks for quotes like English, except that the opening quotes appear in subscript instead of in superscript.
- The line scrawled across the top is interesting. It seems to imply that Trizza’s public persona makes her seem less violent than she really is (or at least less than Dammek believes her to be).
- Others have speculated that “the white man” is a reference to Doc Scratch, which seems pretty plausible to me.