I'm intending to move out of my mom's by fall, but I have two cats, and idk much about how to care for them on my own. I want to do it right, but I'm not very good with figuring out vet info or other care stuff for them.
Okay, so I’ve just spent the last two hours writing this post for you, in the hopes that you will change your mind. It’s way longer than I intended, but I tried to be thorough and comprehensive. Know that I have strong opinions about how to raise cats because they’re a huge part of my life. You might not agree with what I have to say, but this is what’s worked for me. I urge you to try different things and find out what works best for you! Before I get into it, let me talk about my cats…
I have a four year old orange tabby (Mason) and a sixteen year old tortoiseshell cat (Gretel) pictured in Appendix D. They have completely opposite personalities (Mason is super confident and talkative, Gretel is more standoffish) and they did NOT get along for the longest time. I’ve been with Gretel since she was three years old, so we’re very close and she’s very protective of me. After we moved into our current apartment, my boyfriend and I bought Mason to keep Gretel company. He was a rescue cat that had been previously returned after being adopted once, because he was “fresh”. He gave me the runaround when he first moved in, so I understand what it’s like to have a difficult cat.
It’s taken two years for them to both be comfortable with each other, but last week they fell asleep on the bed together (see Appendix D) and it was so beautiful. These cats have brought so much joy into my life, and I don’t know where I’d be without them. All these experiences, good and bad, have taught me that I never want to live without cats in my life.
Please feel free to direct message me if you want to talk about what taking care of cats on your own will mean for you. I am here for all your cat needs!
The Complete Guide to Living on Your Own (With Cats)
Phase 1: Your New Apartment
Before moving into your new home, follow these steps to make the process as comfortable as possible for your cats. You need to understand that they will be upset and act strange for the first few days, and this is absolutely normal and expected. Give them time- they’ll adjust.
1. Move the cats last. Move everything else you own into your new apartment, and get it set up as much as you can before moving your cats. Make sure there are plenty of places for them to hide that are easily accessible, like under your bed or in the back of a closet. Initially your cats will be very shell-shocked, and it will be easier for them to adjust if they smell familiar furniture and are able to find a secure place to hide.
2. Feliway. Buy yourself Feliway and spray it on walls and around doorways at your kitty’s eye level. I can’t tell you what it is or why it works (Science Side of Tumblr please explain), but your cats smell it and will feel much calmer. Feliway also helps when your cat starts peeing on everything, see Phase 2: Tantrums.
3. Moving your cats. If you have two cats, make sure that you move both cats at the same time. Even if they’re not the best of pals, a familiar face in a time of stress will soothe them. In the car ride they will cry, drool, pee, and sound like they’re dying. This is horrible to hear, but no that it’s only temporary. If you were in their situation you would act the same way!
Hyperventilating. If you hear your cat start to hyperventilate, move them out of the carrier and comfort them immediately. I was transporting a cat with a high fever to the vet once and he started to do this, so I literally pulled over and drove with the cat in my lap the rest of the way. Once in my lap, he relaxed and started to breathe normally. The vet told me that I was lucky I did this, because the cat could’ve had a heart-attack.
4. In the new apartment. Open your cat carrier and allow your cats to explore their new home at their own pace. Depending on your cat’s confidence, they might make a beeline for your bed and hide under it for the next two days. This is absolutely fine. Your cats may not want to eat or use the bathroom during these first few days, and this is normal. You often won’t eat if you’re stressed out, so understand that when they’re hungry, they’ll eat. If one of your cats is very upset, place their food and water bowl in the room they’re hiding in, so that they won’t feel threatened while they eat.
5. Give it time. This could be less than a day or over a week, but your cat will come out from their hiding space of their own accord. They will walk around their new home and take everything in, and they’ll make themselves comfortable. Be there for your cat during this time, offering encouragement and love as they need it. It’s okay if they come out and retreat back to their safe hiding space, tell yourself that they will come out again.
Phase 2: Tantrums
Cats are mostly independent animals, but they do require lots of love and attention. Expect at least one or all of these tantrums to be thrown when you move them into your new home. Your cats are in a new environment that they are not wholly comfortable with, so it’s important to be patient and help them through this difficult time.
1. Pooping. Your cat has an excellent sense of smell- they know where their litter box is. If they’re choosing to poop outside of the box, they are most likely looking for attention. Make sure that the poop has no blood in it (see Phase 4: Veterinarians + Common Diseases) and spend time making your cat feel special. This includes treats, playtime, combing, whatever they like best.
2. Peeing A. Peeing is a form of scenting, which is essentially your cat being like “this is mine”. Your cats will probably do this a lot when you first move in, so make sure you have the proper cleaners ready (see Appendix A). Clean the spot thoroughly, and spray Feliway all over it. Your cat will smell the Feliway and think “Okay, I peed there already” and walk on. I’m not kidding.
3. Peeing B. Peeing can also be an cry for attention, slightly different from scenting. Here’s how to tell the difference- does your cat only pee when you’re around? Typically this will only be done in areas that you frequent, like your bed or your couch. If so, then this is a cry for attention- see “Pooping”.
4. Peeing C. Is your cat declawed? I sure hope not, because that’s inhumane. But anyways, if it is… declawed cats require a different type of litter than the normal Tidy Cats brand. Call your local vet and consult with them about the best types of litter to use.
5. Attacking. Is your cat attacking people/places/things? Get toys and play with them. Cats are evolved from fearsome predators, they need to be stimulated or they’ll get bored and start hunting whatever they can find. Here are some great toys to buy your cats so that they can “hunt” on their own, there’s something in there for every cat type.
Phase 3: A Place For Everyone
Jackson Galaxy is the Cat Guru, and you can find episodes of his show “My Cat From Hell” on Netflix. Whenever Jackson enters a home of a troublesome cat, he always looks at the environment in terms of how “cat-proof” it is. Your cat needs to have their own stuff, and whether this is a cardboard box or a $150 piece of cat furniture, it needs to be there.
1. Bush vs. Tree dweller. I have a bush dweller and a tree dweller! Bush dwellers are the cats that like to hang out under tables and under beds, and they’re thought to be cats with less self-confidence. Tree dwellers like to climb and look down on their surroundings, reconnecting with their ancestors in the jungle. Cater your apartment based off of your cat’s needs. See Phase 6: Miscellaneous to learn more about different cat personalities.
A word on bush dwellers. I was initially very upset to learn that Gretel is considered a low self-esteem cat. I kept trying to think of ways to make her more comfortable her surroundings, in the hopes that she would one day want to climb things and perch up high. Since getting Mason, she has slowly become a bush/tree dweller. She now climbs to the top rung of her cat furniture, and asks me to help her up on the kitchen table (it’s tall so she can’t jump). What I’m trying to say is that cats will gain confidence as they get more comfortable with their surroundings, and having a second and way more confident cat has helped her come into herself, even in her old age. So proud of my baby.
2. Cat furniture. I’m not going to lie to you, cat furniture is hella expensive. But it’s life-changing. Your cats recognize that its a piece of furniture for them, and they will run right over to it and begin exploring. If your cat is wary about climbing to the higher platforms or levels of the furniture, entice them with treats or a toy. The general rule is one piece of furniture per cat, because they will fight over them. If you have a very active cat, I’d recommend getting a multi-leveled piece.
3. Cardboard boxes. The rumors are true- cats love cardboard boxes. Just open it up and leave it in the middle of the floor, and allow your cats to explore. If you’re not ready to drop $$$, place a warm blanket in the box and allow your cats to curl up.
4. Windows. If you leave for work, leave your blinds open for your cats to peer out. If you don’t, they’ll peer out anyway and wreck your blinds. In the summer time it might seem like a nice idea to leave your windows partially open, but always make sure that your window screens are secure. If they’re not, add masking tape around the sides of the window until you can press on the screen and it doesn’t collapse.
5. Food and water. I like to keep a bowl of water in each room for the cats, and I refresh this daily. I like to add ice cubes in the summer so that the water isn’t that awful room temperature. If you feed your cats dry food, make sure that they’re drinking lots of water after eating.
6. Litter box. Yeah, I know- it’s the worst part of being a cat owner. I keep mine in my hallway closet, and I leave the door partially open so that the cats can get in and out as they please. I’ve seen people with litter boxes in their bathrooms, their hallways, behind chairs in their living room, etc. The general rule is to have one more litter box than there is cat. I’m sorry, that’s crazy talk. I have a one bedroom apartment and I’m not having three litter boxes. One has worked fine for my babies, I just have to be vigilant about cleaning it.
As far as choosing a cat litter brand, most cats are not picky. Some, however, are. Tidy Cats is expensive so I use whatever is on sale at CVS. I prefer scented because I have the litter box right by my front door. Find what works for you, but listen to your cat’s needs.
Be wary of any brand of “lightweight” cat litter other than Tidy Cats. One time I bought Stop & Shop’s “Companion” lightweight litter and it hardened and stuck to the bottom of my litter box and I literally had to rehydrate it to remove it. DISGUSTING.
7. Wall furniture. If you don’t have a lot of room on the floor of your apartment, consider putting up wall furniture for your cat. This can be anything from an expensive piece like this, or a simple wooden board for your cats to walk on.
8. The floor is lava. Confident cats like to be up high on tables, window sills, cat furniture, etc. This is because back in their ancestral days, they had to peer down from the treetops to hunt their prey. Allow your cat this luxury, and try not to freak out if they walk on your kitchen counters or sit on your dining room table. Your cat is programmed to do this, the fact that your cat wants to be up high is a sign of confidence, a sign that your cat is comfortable with their surroundings.
Phase 4: Veterinarians + Common Diseases
Your cat’s health is so important! There are lots of things you can do to maintain your cat’s health on your own (see Appendix B), but know that you will need to take one or both of your cats to the vet sometime this year. Remember to consult medical professionals if your cat is visibly ill. I am not a medical professional, but here are some of the things I’ve dealt with as a cat owner.
1. Hospitals vs. Doctors. My biggest expense as a cat owner is taking my babies to the vet. I have a Veterinary Hospital literally two minutes from my home, and Gretel hates the car so much that I always just take her there to get her to calm down. In general, hospitals are WAY more expensive than regular vet’s offices. Like, I’m talking over $100 difference. The expense is worth it for me, but it might not be for you. Find your closest vet office and put their number into your phone ASAP.
2. Making an appointment. If your cat is having a crisis, you can call during normal business hours and bring your cat in right then and there, but it’s going to cost you extra money. If your cat is not in imminent danger, call and make an appointment for the next day.
Theoretically, you’re supposed to bring your cat(s) or yearly check-ups and make sure they get all their vet shots. I’m gonna level with you- I don’t do this. I wish I could afford to do it, but I live paycheck to paycheck and can’t. You need to be able to take care of yourself, so if you’re poor like me, I’d advise saving vet visits for emergencies only.
3. Vet insurance. Obviously- I do not have vet insurance. This means that I pay for all my vet visits out of pocket, and vet offices do not allow you to pay in installments, you have to pay all at once. My downstairs neighbor once had her cat held by a vet’s office because she didn’t have the money to pay for the vet bills. She had to get an emergency loan from her bank to be able to pay and get her cat released. Yikes. The one person I do know with pet insurance says that it saves her about 75% of her vet bill, but she’s a grown ass woman with a house. It’s okay if you don’t have vet insurance, there are still things you can do to improve your cat’s quality of life for reasonably cheap (See Appendix B).
3. Flea medication. Flea medication can be expensive, especially if you have two cats. Unfortunately, Advantage is the only medication that I have found effective. I’ve tried several different knock off brands, and while they worked, they didn’t last nearly as long as Advantage. I don’t worry about fleas that much in the winter, but I put it on my cats during the summer because there are lots of stray cats where I live.
4. Vomit. An occasional puke pile is nothing to be concerned about. There are lots of reasons why cats throw up, but 99% of them are digestion related. The worst part of puke is having to clean it up. As disgusting as it may be, the best way to clean up puke is to allow it to dry and to then clean it (see Appendix A). Lots of cats have food allergies (Mason, for example), so if your cat is throwing up multiple times in a week, change their diet (see Phase 5: Cat food). If your cat throws up blood, take them to the vet immediately.
5. Feline Respiratory Virus. Cats do not get colds like humans do, so be very wary if your cat has a runny nose, watery eye discharge, is sneezing or acting lethargic. These infections can kill cats if left untreated. If your cat is showing these symptoms, take them to the vet immediately. The vet will prescribe antibiotics that you will have to give your cat, and your cat should be feeling better within 24 hours. Once a cat gets an FRV, they are more susceptible to it. Cats can infect other cats, so keep your cats separated and give them separate food and water until your infected cat is visibly better.
6. Bloody poop. Bloody poop (while disgusting) does not always signify illness. Sometimes it means that your cat is having trouble digesting, but other times it means that your cat has worms. Keep an eye on your cat’s poop, and if it’s still bloody after two additional days, take them to the vet and bring a sample of the poop with you. This stool sample will be tested by your vet, and if you don’t have one they will send you home and wait for you acquire one before testing anything.
7. Lumps. My cat Gretel currently has a lump on her face. I noticed it a couple months ago and took her to the vet. If your cat gets a lump suddenly, see if you can move the lump around with your fingers. If the lump feels solid and causes your cat pain, make an appointment ASAP. Gretel’s lump moves around freely and doesn’t cause her pain at all, so my vet told me not to worry about it. Cats grow non-cancerous tumors on their faces and bodies, as well as excesses of fatty tissue that cause bumps. Feeling a bump does not guarantee that your cat’s life is in danger.
8. Bottom line. Wondering if something is wrong with your cat? Ask yourself this simple question- Is your cat eating and drinking water? If your cat is not eating or drinking water, then something is wrong. Make an appointment and take them to the vet.
Phase 5: Cat Food
Spend some time researching different brands before deciding what to feed your cat. Here are some guidelines to help you.
1. Wet food vs. Dry food. It’s a scientifically acknowledged fact that wet food is much better for your cats than dry food. Unfortunately canned food can be up to three times as expensive per pound as dry food, and I can’t afford that on my budget. If you feed dry food, make sure that your cat is properly hydrated and drinking lots of water after they eat.
2. Junk food vs. Health food. Some cats are finicky eaters, mine are not. They do not care what type of food it is, they’re just happy to eat it. Meow Mix is super inexpensive and filling for cats, but it’s not healthy. It’s essentially like eating McDonalds every day. As a young adult, you probably can’t afford to spend large quantities of money on cat food. So compromise. Buy a bag of high quality “healthy” cat food, and a bag of cheap cat food, and give your cats a mixture of this.
3. Grain intolerance. Allergies are a real thing with cats. If your cat is having a hard time keeping food down, switch them to a grain free diet. I buy Rachel Ray cat food off of Amazon because Mason has a delicate stomach.
4. Proteins. Switch up the proteins in the food you’re feeding your cats. Spend a few months with salmon, then switch to chicken, then back to salmon, etc. I don’t remember why, but studies were done and this proved to be more healthy for cats.
5. How much food? Current studies say that cats should be feed about a half a cup of cat food per day. PER DAY. Cats also should have definitive feeding times, and should not be allowed to “graze” or eat all day. I feed my cats a cup of food in the morning (2 cats, half a cup each) and that’s all they get. One of the most common problems that cat owners have is over-feeding.
6. Fast eaters. Mason has this problem where he gobbles down food super fast (he doesn’t even chew it half the time) and then throws up a few minutes later. You can buy special plates online that force cats to eat slowly like this one.
8. Changing food. Remember that you can’t just feed your cat one food one day and a different food the next day. If you do, they’ll throw up. If you need to switch your cat’s food, do it gradually. Here’s how:
First day of switch: 95% old food, 5% new food
Second day: 75% old food, 25% new food
Third day: 75% old food, 25% new food
Fourth day: 50% of both foods
Fifth day: 50% of both foods
Sixth day: 25% old food, 75% new food
Seventh day: 25% old food, 75% new food
Eighth day: 5% old food, 95% new food
Ninth day: 5% old food, 95% new food
10th day: 100% new food!
Phase 6: Miscellaneous
1. Cat types. I’m a big believer in the ASPCA feline-alities. ASPCA employees essentially give cats a personality test to see how they perform under stress. They have something wonderful to say about even the shyest of cats, it really puts everything in perspective. Check it out here. Points if you can guess my cat’s personality types based off what I’ve written here.
2. Bathing. Generally speaking, cats and water do not mix. I don’t bathe my cats because they don’t really get gross enough to require bathing. The one time I did try to bathe Gretel was an absolute disaster, so barring her overcoming her fear of water, I’m never going to do it again. She’s old and sleeps next to my head every night, so sometimes I have to help her clean up a bit. If your cat steps in poop or dirt or whatever, use baby wipes.
3. “My Cat Doesn’t Like to Play”. Bullshit. All cats like to play, you just haven’t found the right toy. Mason responds to strings that are waved in circles above his head, squeaky toys, and things that are thrown so that he can run and “catch” his prey. Gretel likes crinkly things like candy wrappers, and will only chase a string if it’s dragged on the ground. Mess around and figure out what makes your cat tick. After playing your cat will:
Have a snack
Take a nap
4. Reprimanding cats. I found a great post on Tumblr a year ago explaining this phenomenon, but I currently can’t find it, so I’m going to paraphrase. Essentially, cats don’t have great short-term memory, so you have to be careful when yelling at them. If your cat pees on your couch, and you don’t discover it until three hours later, yelling at your cat will accomplish absolutely nothing. They won’t understand why you’re upset, and they won’t understand what they did was wrong. You have to reprimand your cat’s either while they’re in the act of being naughty (i.e, peeing on the couch) or directly afterwards.
Appendix A. Cleaners
Carpet cleaner (I recommend Resolve)
Hardwood floor cleaner (I recommend Bona)
Plastic gloves (I recommend whatever is cheapest)
Bleach (or a tile cleaner you feel more comfortable with)
Appendix B. Caring for your cat.
Cat lax (for those with hairballs)
Flea medication (you can buy Advantage in bulk on Amazon)
Brush (brushing decreases the risk of hairballs, fleas, and your clothes looking like shit. It can also be a way to bond with your cat)
Hi Seiyoko! I'm a huge fan of your art how you you animate. If it's not too much to ask, could you share some tips on how you animate your character's hair? I believe it's called the seaweed effect but it's so confusing to animate for me. D:
Yeah I’ll try my best!
of course hair comes in lots of different types! The seaweed approach only helps me with smoother hair :^)! keep it in mind and try out different hair!
I think of it like a cycle of pushes up and down, the source stays in pretty much the same place but it changes which direction it goes depending on what force is being applied where. The hair is just kinda subject to the air blowing.
You should keep in mind momentum and that to change direction it will need to slow down a bit. no part of the hair has a fixed point (except the source), and each part will go up and down in time!! it’s almost like hills and valleys going thru the hair (I just think of longitudinal waves lol)
If it still isn’t clicking, just copy frames here, and try to keep track of the movement!
keep in mind this doesn’t work for all types of hair, but it works for a lot of other objects! I use this for flags, steam/smoke, skirts, etc.
Look–it’s cute and all that you’re concerned about Jimin’s health and whatnot but what you have to remember is that:
YOURE A FAN. DO NOT OVERSTEP YOUR BOUNDARIES. because while it’s really simple for you to talk about and point out how you think he has an eating disorder, think about the type of comments he read that made him feel like he needed to lose weight in the first place? You CANNOT have him both ways. Maybe if you guys stopped policing idols’ bodies, this wouldn’t be an issue.
You might think that calling for a psychiatrist is nice and all but all that is is a Western God-complex playing through. You think you’re helping out some poor Asian because of their country’s jacked up body standards and you’re doing something for them that they can’t for themselves. Or you’re just projecting. Try to justify it all you want, but in the end YOUVE 👏CROSSED📢THE🗣LINE👏. Also, who are you guys to diagnose someone through one article interview? You’re really trying to cross the line, aren’t you? If you need someone’s business to mind so badly, try your own for a change 😊
And another thing: Big Hit takes good care of the boys so, if, by chance, Jimin DID develop an eating disorder, Big Hit would act swiftly on it. You know they would. We literally just witness Namjoon taking a rest because he stubbed his toe (not to make light of it, but it shows how much Big Hit values them).
Mom, I want to change my name and tell my parents, but when I brought up even the subject of changing it, my irl mom shot me down completely. In the past, she's gotten angry with me for correcting her on my pronouns, and I'm still misgendered daily. Is it worth it to push it, or should I wait for when I'm 18 to legally change it and just not tell her?
My dear lgbt+ kid,
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to situations like yours. Both options (push it or wait) have pros and cons, and even these heavily depend on your unique feelings and environment.
So, instead of trying to tell you which option to choose, here are some questions (that only you can answer) that will hopefully make the decision a bit easier for you:
- How likely is your mom to change her mind? Is she ignorant (willing to be educated) or hateful (not willing to be educated)? Has she ever changed her mind about something she used to be against before?
- How much pain will fighting with her cause you? How much pain will staying silent cause you? Does one number clearly outweigh the other or is it about equal?
- Who else will support you? Would support from someone else (not your mom) influence your decision?
- What can you do to keep yourself safe emotionally/physically when things get painful?
“Where is he?” “And I’m suppose to know this because?” “…You work with him.” “Yeah and I’m also not his mother but hey, here’s a question: Why are you even bothering him, Matt? Haven’t you done enough?” “The fucks that suppose to mean?” “It means I know what’s going on between you two and I can’t believe you’d do that to him…” “…Yeah. You don’t know shit.” “Dammit!” “You really thought that was gonna work? Stupid.” “No, but I do have a strong feeling and I swear if it’s what I think it is Matt so help me G—” “—Did it ever occur to you that maybe you should just mind your fucking business? How ‘bout trying that for a change?” “Whatever. Look he’s not here, okay? He was suppose to be… tweleve minutes ago, but I guess he’s just late. Which means, if you’re not buying a CD or something, you need to get outta here because I’m so over this.”
Since I'm too stupid using tumblr and I don't even know how to change my name lol. I'm so glad I found your blog. Your art are so beautiful. ☺ Btw, how long did you learn anatomy? (Isuckwithitthohuhu)
hello! asdfjk; thank you so much ;o;;; <3 I have been learning/studying anatomy since grade 6 (so 4 years ago??) when I first started drawing in an anime style. I started looking at myself in the mirror and looking at references. Eventually, you notice some patterns in proportions *0* As time progressed, I started paying more and more attention to anatomy and proportions and trying to draw from my mind only at first before searching up references (if I have to). Below are just a few tips from me on how to anatomy *v* But please keep in mind they’re only my suggestions and my findings and they’re not exact and I’m not a professor ahaha
I couldn’t fit all of my knowledge into this drawing, but here are the general base shapes that I draw when I start drawing *7* Of course, human bodies vary, especially in anime, chibi and cartoon styles (and even in real life). These are just my proportions that I follow personally. Whenever you’re drawing from a reference, I always think it’s more beneficial to break it down into shapes. If you don’t get it right the first time, you’re not the only one ahaha
1) the face
there are different proportions for faces;;; I learned that the eye line generally splits the face in half. It doesn’t look like it, but that’s because your hair covers up some of the parts. The lower your eye line, the cuter the picture is generally (that’s why chibis tend to have really low eye lines or eyes really close to mouths). A pet peeve of mine is when people draw hair stuck to the top of the head;;; hair isn’t glued to your head, so give it some poof <3 If you’re drawing a realistic face, the keystone is really important. It’s also important to remember your eyes are dug into your face, so shading around them a bit to give it some form will make it more realistic. I’m mainly focusing on my default style on this tutorial, but I’ve learned realism face proportions before so that’s just a couple tips for drawing realistic faces *7*
I’ve been practicing hands for ages asdfjkl; I used to draw them as mitten hands back in the day;;; there’s a lot of tutorials on hand proportions. This is just a small visual diagram I did for my cousin about hands ahaha //she gave up on me halfway though
//this is really off so forgive me OTL hands can also be exaggerated in a lot of cartoon styles like the one on the right. I sometimes enjoy it too much and I exaggerate hand proportions too much ahaha
3) body stuff
it’s all in the first diagram ahaha I’m not going to go into full detail, but I find it useful to draw the general shape (?) of the spine and what I call the nipple line. The way I draw feet is based on the haikyuu ending and I found it quick and easy to draw while it still resembles a shoe kind of *7*
4) putting it into use!
so now that you generally know a bit about anatomy and proportions, use it when you draw *7* Here’s the process for one of my drawings:
here I did a general rough idea sketch along with the composition. I also used perspective lines here just because I suck at perspectives ahaha;;; I kind of just drew a line from viktor’s head to the vanishing point to determine the height of the other characters. Makkachin and the flamingo floatie are part of the blurry foreground. Drawings with a background, middle ground and foreground tend to look prettier as long as you know where to put the focus (usually the middle ground)
I had a bit of trouble with viktor’s arm, so I took a picture of myself. Usually, I take more pictures of myself but surprisingly, I only needed one from this drawing. When you look at references, divide them into shapes and compare the height and all to something else (in this, I compared the height for the arm to where the top of the head is). Even if my arm has barely any muscle, I can still decipher the shapes and I exaggerated them on viktor (for obvious reasons ;^)))
I then do a more defined sketch with all the proportions and just more detail while doing the line art/sketch at the same time. Unfortunately, I merged the layers so you can’t see the line art :’))) But that’s generally how I anatomy. Sometimes I don’t even draw the detailed proportion lines (like above) because I don’t need to ahaha (like for most of the faces and for makkachin).
Eventually, you get something like that but without colour ^^^
and then add some minor details and you get that^^^
the full speedpaint for that drawing is here if you guys want to watch how I draw the sketch and lineart more clearly *0* there’s also awkward pauses near the beginning because at first I didn’t want to take a picture so I kept getting up to go to the mirror. //don’t waste your time, just take a picture
If a pose is too difficult, ask someone to pose for you ahaha or get one of those mini figures //which I wish I had
Sorry for the massive post! ;o;;; lastly, if you meant that you didn’t know how to change your name to anonymous, here’s one way to do it *7*
For the love of whatever you believe in, please please please stop writing fics where the reader gets back with a cheater. It’s not healthy!! I don’t care if you actually went back to a cheater and it ended up fine, some people aren’t as lucky. Some go back and they continue to get cheated on, because their s/o uses them coming back to their advantage.
You never know what a reader is going through, they could be thinking “if i can go back to *fictional character* for cheating then i can go back to my significant other”.
This! Isn’t! Healthy!
And if you say “well someone requested it!!” yeah and someone asked me to write incest and I said no. Or someone asked me write smut and I said no. Saying no to a request is okay.
And if you read this and it doesn’t change your mind, at least put a warning like this:
‘reader gets back w/ cheater’
So people like me, who would never in a million years go back to a filthy asshole who cheated on me, can skip over it.
Love, a writer who is just trying to make Tumblr a safe place
there are a lot of people accusingly asking ‘what are the good Muslims doing about this’. here’s the thing. you don’t see what happens behind the scenes here. There have been many more plots by IS-inspired people disrupted, and many rely on informants or other people in the british muslim community. Like the man arrested at whitehall whose family reported him to the police before that, which is why they managed to stop him before he could hurt anyone. there are also many people running anti-radicalisation initiatives. Dealing with a dispersed threat like terrorism is always more difficult than conventional military threats; the police have to deal with a huge amount of information and it’s challenging to figure out which are credible threats. the fact that someone unfortunately got through doesn’t mean the entire country has its head in the sand or that british muslims have been passively letting this go on.
these terrorist attacks are a new phenomenon relative to how long the british muslim community has been here. this wasn’t always our image of terrorism. it is not a dramatic clash of civilisations or inherent cultural incompatibility, but a distinctly modern phenomenon spawned by 20th & 21st century geopolitical dynamics and developments. this mentality that it comes down to the inherent nature of islam being inimical to ‘western’ culture completely ignores how this type of extremism can be traced to modern developments. IS may proclaim itself a ‘caliphate’ ostensibly in homage to those of old, but they are distinctly modern in their ideological origins, manipulation of technology and tactics of violence.
after all, ‘terrorism’ in the united kingdom used to make everyone think ‘IRA’, not IS or Al-Qaeda. and as we saw from the murder of MP Jo Cox, it also comes in the far right nationalist variant. it is definitely the responsibility of all of everyone to be vigilant and report anything suspicious. it’s definitely true IS markets itself as the ‘true’ Islam and tries to recruit disaffected people from the british muslim community. but apart from that? innocent until proven guilty applies. unless we want to throw out our entire system of laws and way of life. there is a problem, but knee-jerk prejudice isn’t going to solve it. precisely when the cooperation and good ties between law enforcement and communities has been very crucial to disrupting past attacks & is exactly what we need now.
yes, i’ll freely admit i think this way because i live in a very multicultural part of south england & i was born in majority muslim seasia where my family was a minority (they’re christians). maybe people think this attitude is naivete, from being sheltered and ignorant. but you know what? it’s people in the multicultural cities of europe that are themselves at the biggest risk of terrorism in the first place- compared to the more suburban, rural parts of europe that also tend to be more ethnically homogeneous. (IS terrorists don’t check to see that all their targets are only non-muslims do they, when they decide to walk in with a bomb or mow people down?) we live it and we know it. far from being sheltered, it’s often on your mind when you go to a crowded event or step onto public transport- that what if. but we try our best to carry on because we’re not going to change our way of life because of this tiny minority.
What made you change your mind about louis being a dad? i'm just interested because I feel like i would have thought he was too, if i'd started paying attention in the middle of everything.
I just looked into it a little closer, and started noticing the inconsistencies. I came in around may of 2016, so the baby was already “born” and Louis, his family, Niall, etc. had all acknowledged it on SM so I was just like, ok, crazy shippers who are trying to hold onto their dead ship just don’t want it to be true? (I was totally convinced Harry and Louis had been together at least until 2012, but after that figured they had broken up because that’s what iron closeting looks like to someone whose just dropping down into the middle of it and trying to organize a timeline based on the nonsense official narrative).
It seemed sad that Louis was a father, and he didn’t seem happy, and I could Identify all that, but I still thought he had the baby because to just believe that a PR team would fake an entire pregnancy, birth, and infant seems really far fetched if you’re not familiar with 1D’s relationship to 1DHQ, PR, and the smear campaign. It’s a absurd thing, and I wasn’t looking closely enough because I was too new and there’s soon much information out there on this band, it’s a lot to digest chronologically.
I think the thing that really made me start to look into babygate more closely was that googled his birthdate (freddie’s) for some reason, and saw a master post about how there were three different dates floating around. That seemed so weird and off to me. So then I started reading @tellmethisisnotlove’s and @adifferentkindofson’s master posts at work one day and became VERY clear VERY quickly that Briana had never even been pregnant. The thing that REALLY convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt was the pictures of her leaving the hospital after the birth in done up hair, skinny jeans, and heels. I was like….wow. That woman DID NOT just have a baby.
Obviously, nothing else has made sense since then, so. HERE I AM!
I truly think I'm asexual, but I'm only 13... what should I do?
Identifying as asexual or aromantic, even if you are wrong, harms no one. I know it’s hard in our society - in almost any society - but if you identify as asexual now but with age realize you’re actually, say, bi, as long as you try to keep your mind as open as possible and maintain respect for all orientations you should be able to recognize that time should it come.
In short, you can change your labels, your identities, multiple times - you can even be something and then change into something else. It’s not bad. And if there comes a time you think you’re something else, you’ve done nothing to hurt the asexual community, and don’t let any other person of your new identity tell you’ve done anything to harm them either.
Y'all now get to hear why I love HI Hello MV so much…
I struggle a lot with the friendships I have so I interpreted this MV to be about those kind of relationships.
Sungjin and Dowoon are already friends. Those kind of relationships can come into your life where you become friends with someone because they were apart of the group and it doesn’t lessen your relationship (sometimes it does but I’m just bitter)
Jae is the person who actively looks for friends. The social type of person who is always looking to start up a conversation or make plans with someone.
Wonpil is the opposite. While he is open and friendly he isn’t trying to hitch a ride in the truck. Wonpil’s type will quickly let new friends in if the feeling is right.
Then there is Young K (who wants to be called young k so baby I’ll try to stop calling you Brian). He is the person who doesn’t want to join everyone else. It is possible that he has been burnt before by his friends and rather be a loner. Or that he sees no need to make deeper friendships. Luckily he changes his mind and seems much happier as a result.
This isn’t a theory its just how I read it and why I like it. Tag your friendship? No. Okay. Sorry.
So this was the previous reposter that I dealt with. I wanted to show you guys how this went.
I reported them to insta, the next day they immediatly took the drawing down. And then they were asking me if they could repost again? Like are you being serious? This was not the worst reposter I’ve dealt with but it was one of the most unsenstive. If you want to repost someone’s art first ask the artist if you can do it. If you don’t know them(like in this shithead case) DON’T REPOST.
There are a bunch of artists, like me, that don’t mind people reposting our art WITH PERMISSION. So please if you ever see a repost of art with no credit at all and you know the artist please notify them. This is unrespectful and just pure “not giving a shit about your feelings” people.
So let’s try to change this a bit. Probably won’t do any big difference but it can help an artist.
ahhhhh!!!! your headcannons are great!!! May I get some headcannons regarding Prime! Optimus, Ratchet, Bumblebee, Knockout, and Bulkhead reactions to seeing their s/o covered in full-bodied bruises from a deception kidnapping them? They're finally safe and sound but after changing into different clothes they can see the servo imprints from their s/o being manhandled? Ahh thank you so much! I'm glad your day went well and I wish you a wonderful week!!!
Ahhhhh!!!! Thank you so much!!! You sure can! You have a great week, too! I only did two headcanons for each, because I didn’t know exactly where to go with this.
-He’s frightened for you. S/O, why did you try hide this from him?
-His first thought (kill the bastard) is quickly pushed from his mind, and replaced with worry for you well being.
-He sees the prints and does a double take. It’s worse than you said it was. Way worse. Why did you lie to him, S/O?
-He’s about to go down there and kick somebody’s ass. He takes care of you first, of course.
-You change, and he sees the prints right away.
-He nearly nose dives into the floor, as he jumps at you, trying to pick you up and shield you in his hands. No. Nothing will ever harm you again.
-Those definitely were not there before. What, you were going to try to hide them from him?
-He’s fuming. That asshole dared to lay a digit on his beautiful S/O! Somebody’s going to die.
-He’s scared and angry. Who did this to you? Tell him! He’s going to shred them apart until there’s nothing left to shred!
-He can’t even begin to describe his anger. Stopping him from doing something rash is out of the question.
hello mansi! your art is very beautiful! i'm going through a lot of style changes, and art block has been hitting me pretty badly. do you have any advice as to how i could get out of it? thank you💕
i’m going through a pretty bad block right now as well and am not the best at dealing with them, but here are a few things that i usually try out:
Try going out of your comfort zone and try something new. Keep experimenting and just go with whatever your mind vomits onto the paper and you might actually come across something that works for you
just draw whatever you can. Let your hand move on it’s own and don’t think too much about the output, sometimes you just need to force yourself to draw
try art challenges like 30 day challenges, be open to prompts, find something that is fun but will also inspire you to draw
go to websites/blogs that inspire you. Look at other artists and observe their art and see what stands out to you, look at photography, graphics, paintings or really anything that inspired you in the first place
you could even look up tutorials and try improving in that one place you always felt you lacked, sometimes even going back to the basic helps a lot
that’s basically it, i hope some of this helped you out!