Some Things To Do On Samhain and Halloween
- Rearrange your altar
- Make moon water (hell yeah, samhain water is the best!)
- Communicate with guides/guardians/deities/ancestors/etc
- Apples. Apples everywhere. Apples in your offerings, apples as decoration, everywhere.
- If you’re in the broom closet and rely on outside resources to fuel your spells (like I pick lavender on the way home from school), you better stock up on that shit because most of it won’t last in the colder months
- Decorate your house. If the people who live with you question it, you can just say you love Halloween.
- THIS IS THE ONLY TIME OF THE YEAR IT’S SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE TO GO OUT DRESSED OPENLY AS A WITCH/WIZARD/ETC. TAKE THE GODDAMN OPPORTUNITY. GO TRICK OR TREATING.
- Buy new witchy stuff like crystals, candles, herbs, etc.
- If you’re answering the door during Halloween night, charge the candy/sweets you give out with the intentions that the people will be happy once they consume it
- Or on the other hand, if someone who you want to stay away lands at your door, give them a candy with banishing dust sprinkled over it (just don’t fucking touch the dust okay?)
- Gift people enchanted objects
- Go out during the night to a quiet area and just look at the sky. Feel the wind against your face. (I fucking love this, especially in the colder months)
I hope you didn’t mind the colourful adjectives I may have dotted around. Goodbye and blessed be!