Hello, lovely followers!
As most of you know just from following me, I love writing. And reading. And editing. I’m also in a position where it would be helpful for me to make some extra money to supplement the funding I get through my Ph.D program (I don’t get paid again until September, guys). So I decided to put my skills to good use!
I am opening up EDITING SERVICES!
Check out my new page here for all the details. But, for quick info, here’s a bullet list:
- I offer Reader Response, Proofreading, Line Edits, and Developmental Edits.
- Prices range from $25 to $400, depending on the service you choose and the length of your work. This is at or below industry standard.
- I send invoices through PayPal. 50% up front, the rest upon completion. Payment plans are available through PayPal. Student discounts are also available (email me for details).
- I specialize in YA and NA Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, and Contemporary, as well as Adult Fantasy genres. No Adult Contemporary or science fiction. No Middle Grade or Children’s Books. No Nonfiction.
- I’m looking to take one developmental edit per month and clients for other, smaller projects as they fit in my schedule.
- If you’re interested in hiring me, send me an email with the genre, age, blurb, and exact word count of your MS to get things started. We’ll chat a bit to be sure I can offer you what you’re looking for, and then we can get going!
- If you have any other questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org. I won’t be answering editing questions through tumblr DM or asks, because I need to keep it more organized.
I’ve been considering this for a while and I hope that this will work out both for me and for potential clients. I look forward to working with you!