Alright so apparently a trc tv show is gonna be a thing according to you gremlins so here are my thoughts/hopes/shit I would do if I was running this thing:
- Less white people. Please. Y'all wanna get into a convo about who should they should change I’m down but that’s for another post. But Gansey stays White™ that’s nonnegotiable.
- The books walk this really careful line between dramatic awe and hilarity and imo there’s only one way to keep that: the Aesthetic must be at full awe-inducing capacity while the characters unironically deliver their stupid teenager dialogue.
- Make it gayer. Trust me, I know that’s a tall order, but I’m sure they can handle it.
- The fridge stays in the bathroom. This is also nonnegotiable.
- The interior of 300 Fox Way should be noticeably different in every appearance. This fact will be often commented on but never questioned or explained.
- Murder squash song. E v e r y w h e r e . If the murder squash song doesn’t replace the rickroll within a season then what’s the fucking point.
- Introduce the Gray Man with a a couple of slice of life scenes. Let us see his hobbies, his food preferences, his mannerisms. Only on his third appearance should he go to Aglionby and beat the shit out of Declan, thus revealing to us that he’s a hitman.
- Flashback episodes. I want to see Adam and Gansey’s first meeting in all it’s low-budget porno glory.
- Never show Ronan’s tattoo or nightmare-creatures in full. Only glimpses.
- Use absolutely 0 cgi on Noah. Any visual effect used to clue us in that he’s a bit off kilter should be all makeup and lighting. Except, of course, when he’s going poltergeist 4 feet in the air or reenacting his own death.
- Introduce Henry earlier.
And that’s it. If I wanted to try my hand at drafting an episodal outline I’d have to reread the books.