How to kick start a writing session:
1. It’s okay to give yourself time to relax. Go sit out on the deck. Have a sip of water.
2. It’s important to stay hydrated. If a sip of water isn’t, enough, go get yourself a glass. Or a pitcher. I won’t judge.
3. Oh look! Birds. A natural curiosity is important to a writer. It’s totally chill to look up what species of bird that is.
4. Okay so now you’re a little hungry. Better go make yourself some brain food to kick off the well erm, honestly it’s like 2 pm at this point but foods always good right?
5. Naps are 100% valid. If anyone tries to nap shame you, stab them with a pencil.
6. Sharpen your pencil. Sharper. SHARPER.
7. Get new pencil.
8. Realize keyboards exist for a reason.
9. Go to YouTube for inspiration.
11. Emerge at midnight exhausted and bleary eyed. Write down the first sentence that comes to mind.
11. Delete sentence.
12. Give up and go to bed.