brooklyn nine nine is really good to us when it comes to friendships, because every character has such unique friendships and bonding scenes with the others but i dont think we talk about rosas and charles friendship enough because damn:
- we start the show with charles being head over heels for rosa, who is clearly not interested
- rosa tells him, very clearly, that she thinks hes sweet and really likes him as a friend but shes not interested in dating him
- it takes charles some time to get over her, but he does!! apologizes for being weird and making her uncomfortable!! and they go on having an incredibly strong and close friendship!!
- at one point charles even takes a bullet for her, which could have led to the whole “just give him a chance” trope but nope b99 doesnt do that bs, they talk it out and they never end up together
- they are so close that charles even helps rosas bf to plan for her birthday because he knows her so well!! she loves it!!
- rosa asks charles to be her bridesmaid because they are so close and she knows charles would love that!! he does!!
- charles plans her the best bachelorette party and rosa absolutely loves it!! she gets so excited she literally lifts charles up from the floor??
- sometimes between working cases they go to have foot massages together?? that was so cute??
- charles helps rosa text her boyfriend?? because shes not that great at pickup lines?? how cute??
- the writers could have easily opted to go with the “less attractive man falls for his way hotter coworker whos not interested but ends up giving him a chance because he is nice (and wont stop pestering her)” trope but instead we got this beautiful beautiful brotp
thank you nine nine