reasons why “the 21 pilots drummer” goes crazy on his drums (even while playing simple songs)
- when you have a two man band, both members equally need to put on a show. you can’t rely just on the frontman.
- josh has anxiety and it helps him when he plays harder.
- playing the drums is 10x more fun if you bounce, nod your head, etc. (coming from a drummer myself)
- he’s fun to watch
- he loves to put all of his energy into a show, even if it’s just a short performance.
- maybe it doesn’t look “professional” but he’s having the time of his life up there.