People perceive disability as a weakness, as an illness, as something that needs to be cured, and we have to fight against that. Someone says, “What’s wrong with you?” and I’m like, “What’s wrong with me? What– what’s wrong with you? Like, I’m– I’m fine man. I don’t got any problems.”
RJ Mitte on removing the stigma surrounding disability
Imaginary TV shows: “S.H.I.E.L.D. 1980s” (or “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The 1980s”)
Basic premise: The adventures of S.H.I.E.L.D. during the 1980s. Adventures include working with Ant-Man, Wasp, and Peggy Carter in her later years, a miltiary coup in Wakanda, dealing with Johnny Blaze and his supernatural friends, and the war with Leviathan and Mys-Tech.
My hypothetical main cast:
as John Walker / U.S. Agent - the main protagonist of the series. He was a U.S. Navy SEAL who took up Steve Rogers’ Captain America mantle in the 1980s.
2) Rashida Jones as Colonel Ericka “Rick” Stoner - the S.H.I.E.L.D. director of the 1980s. Extremely strict and by-the-book but eventually learns how to adapt to S.H.I.E.L.D.’s unpredictable nature. Has a love-hate relationship with John Walker.
3) Devon Sawa as Clay Quartermain the funny jackass of the group. Acts as the comedic foil to John Walker.
4) Rosabell Laurenti-Sellers as Carmilla Black / Scorpion - an amnesiac assassin, later revealed to be a Black Widow / Winter Soldier agent
as Derek Khanata - Ex-Wakandan special forces operative and Carmilla Black’s S.O.
(NOTE: I know he was in Thor 2. This wouldn’t be the first time an actor was brought back as another character)
6) Ashraf Barhom as Navid Hashim / The Arabian Knight - a mercenary who is forced to work for S.H.I.E.L.D. for previous crimes
7) RJ Mitte as Phil Coulson (in his twenties)
8) Jessica Lu as Melinda May (in her twenties)
(NOTE: Since Coulson and May are the youngest agents in the cast, they are the “Fitzsimmons” of the group)