Analog (noun): is a situation on Earth that produces effects on the body similar to those experienced in space, both physical and mental/emotional. These studies help us prepare for long duration missions.
As an analog for future planetary science concepts and strategies, marine science also will be performed under the guidance of Florida International University’s marine science department.
NASA astronaut Kjell Lindgren will command the NEEMO 22 mission aboard the Aquarius laboratory, 62 feet below the ocean surface near Key Largo Florida. Lindgren was part of the space station Expeditions 44 and 45 in 2015, where he spent 141 days living and working in the extreme environment of space. He also conducted two spacewalks.
Fun Fact: These underwater explorers are referred to as “aquanauts”
Lindgren will be joined by ESA (European Space Agency) astronaut Pedro Duque, Trevor Graff, a Jacobs Engineering employee working as a planetary scientist at our Johnson Space Center; and research scientists Dom D’Agostino from the University of South Florida and the Florida Institute of Human and Machine Cognition.
While living underwater for 10 days, the crew will:
Test spaceflight countermeasure equipment
Validate technology for precisely tracking equipment in a habitat
Complete studies of body composition and sleep
Assess hardware sponsored by ESA that will help crew members evacuate someone who has been injured on a lunar spacewalk
Why do we use Analog Missions?
Analog missions prepare us for near-future exploration to asteroids, Mars and the moon. Analogs play a significant role in problem solving for spaceflight research.
Not all experiments can be done in space – there is not enough time, money, equipment and manpower
Countermeasures can be tested in analogs before trying them in space. Those that do not work in analogs will not be flown in space
Ground-based analog studies are completed more quickly and less expensively
“Imagine the earth to be a bag of rubber filled with water, a small quantity of which is periodically forced in and out of the same by means of a reciprocating pump, as illustrated. If the strokes of the latter are effected in intervals of more than one hour and forty-eight minutes, sufficient for the transmission of the impulse thru the whole mass, the entire bag will expand and contract and corresponding movements will be imparted to pressure gauges or movable pistons with the same intensity, irrespective of distance. By working the pump faster, shorter waves will be produced which, on reaching the opposite end of the bag, may be reflected and give rise to stationary nodes and loops, but in any case, the fluid being incompressible, its enclosure perfectly elastic, and the frequency of oscillations not very high, the energy will be economically transmitted and very little power consumed so long as no work is done in the receivers. This is a crude but correct representation of my wireless system in which, however, I resort to various refinements. Thus, for instance, the pump is made part of a resonant system of great inertia, enormously magnifying the force of the imprest impulses. The receiving devices are similarly conditioned and in this manner the amount of energy collected in them vastly increased.“
playlist headcannons for shinsou, kirishima, Bakugou and whoever else you wanna add??
I gotchu man, I actually loved writing these thanks for requesting this (i added mina and kaminari
- Rly into indie rap and that kind’ve stuff - Fall back fools (feat. Max) – Taylor Bennet - Empty – Kevin Abstract - Lots of childish Gambino - Wish you were gone – Cosmo Pyke - Great Dane – Cosmo Pyke - Likes willow smith - Mac Demarco - Shame – Desta French - May I have this dance (remix) – Francis and the lights - I’m in the mood for love – James moody and his Swedish crowns - He likes jazz - Game Winner – Joey Dosik - So you know I care – Toulouse
- Idk but I feel like he really likes man eater by nelly Furtado - Sweet Dreams, TN – The last shadow puppets - Goddess – Sleeping Jesus - Television/so good so far – Rex Orange County - Definitly had a mcr phase but embraces it - Driving to Hawaii – Summer Salt - Fucking loves lana del ray - Santeria – Sublime - Odd Couple – Weezer - Ruling me – Weezer - Feel No Ways – Drake - Because I’m Me – The Avalanches
- Definitely all over the place - Fangs - matt champion - Doing what they taught us – Rambutan Jam Band - Cabaret – Azizi Gibson - He likes muse and weezer - Ten Tonne Skeleton – Royal Blood - He likes loud music cause it drowns out peoples voices - Shhhhhh don’t tell anyone but he rly likes harry styles new album - Analog 2 – Odd Future - Constant Headache – Joyce Manor - Knuckles – Moose Blood - Eighteen – Joyce Manor - Guilt Trip – PUP
- Gassed Up – Nebu Kiniza - REDMERCEDES – Amine - Rose Golden – Kid Cudi - iSpy – Kyle - King Kunta – Kendrick Lamar - Moonage Daydream – David Bowie - He always wants to feel hyped up so his music style reflects that - Best Friend – Rex Orange County - Hey Ya! – Outcast - Blessings – Chance the Rapper - G.O.M.D – J. Cole - Ms. Jackson – Outcast - Déjà vu – Post Malone
- Lots of Bruno mars - Finesse is her anthem - Caroline – amine - Pray – terror jr - Hypnotic – Zella day - Fighter – Christina aguilrea - Hurricane – Bridgit Mendler - Bellyache – Billie Eilish - Hatefuck –Cruel Youth - How to be a heart breaker – Marina and the Diamonds - Why iii Love The Moon – Phony Ppl - Where did I go? – Jorja Smith