things i do when taking a study break:
- Practice hand lettering/watercolor painting/handwriting in different styles - there are a ton of resources and inspiration references online (for hand lettering, there’s a few instagram accounts that I love; with my watercolors, I do a lot of hand lettering and color mixing and doodles; as for handwriting, studyblr is a great reference for that, there’s so much variety and so many new styles to try out!) - I like this one because it has the same vibe as taking notes, but without all the mental energy
- Read a book for fun - my go-to will always be re-reading harry potter (my very heart and soul), but anything that’s chill/familiar/interesting/easy to read/relaxing works great for this!
- Go for a walk! - give yourself a set time to get back to work, but go outside and clear your head, get some fresh air, take some pictures out in nature, watch the sunset
- Grab a snack - ideally something away from your desk to give yourself a break that feels like a break. Grab something healthy or something not-so-healthy. Treat yo’ self.
- Listen to new music - find a new artist or an old artist, pay attention to the lyrics and instruments and backing vocals, really get into the song
- Make a studyblr post - show off what you’re studying or any tips you’re working with/realizing as you’re working on your homework (I don’t know about y’all, but I always feel most inspired for things like this when I’m trying to work on something else - take a break and use that inspiration)
- Clean ur room!! - having a clean room helps you think clearly and it gives you less to worry with later on. Similarly,
- Start a load of laundry - that way, you have a guaranteed break when you have to put the wet laundry into the drier in about an hour, and another break when you have to get it out of the drier and put it away. Plus, you’re being double-productive.
- Decorate/plan out a bujo spread - still in that same productive realm as homework, but it’s much more fun and creative!
- Check tumblr - a dangerous suggestion, perhaps, but just make sure to give yourself a limit and stick to it: like you can only check the first 10 pages of your dash before getting back to work.
These are just a few things I like to do! What are some of your go-to study break activities?