Five Things Today
1. I wrote the best letter of recommendation yesterday. Like, it was pretty stellar. I couldn’t have been more pleased with myself. ha ha.
2. Still stinging from getting KILLED on taxes this year. It was so painful to write that check. I don’t feel like I made that much to write a check. That’s a whole different problem, though.
3. Taking the family to Atlanta tonight. We’re all going to see Billy Joel at the new Braves Stadium. I actually swore years ago (2007) that I wouldn’t see him live again. That show was such a stinker and I didn’t want to remember him that way. I was fortunate enough to see him a bunch live in the 80s and 90s when he had lots of energy and could move around the stage. It was magical. That concert I saw in 2007 was really sad. It seems like he’s been rejuvenated with his run of concerts at MSG. I’m hoping that will be the case. I love me some Billy Joel.
4. I’ve had some offers to “work” events around the country, but now I’m hesitant to do that given that taxes weren’t in my favor last year. I think if I could count mileage and start working on deductions, then it might be profitable for me to work extra gigs. I certainly don’t want to work more if I’m only going to have to have it all taken in taxes. It’s nice having some extra money, but not at the expense of time with the family!
5. Looks like I might be getting a small title change next year at work. This is good because it could eventually lead to me being able to apply for a position that I think I’d really like. It will be a good bit more time and effort (probably causing me to lose some of my side jobs), but it will be worth it in the end if I can transform that into a new opportunity. I certainly don’t mind putting in my time and paying my dues. Hard work doesn’t intimidate me!