Ahhhhh today’s episode <3
I tend to subconsciously base my decision on whether to watch the Spanish subs for each episode on how many times Ash says Serena’s name…I’m definitely watching them today :p
- Okay so can we talk about how many times Ash and Serena made physical contact today?
- It was 3, for the record. Which I really liked, for obvious reasons, but especially since it’s so rare to begin with.
- A lot of people (myself included) thought that Ash holding Serena’s shoulders in the first couple of preview thumbnails would be because she was injured or something similar. Someone on Serebii said something like ‘well we all thought she was injured here but it turns out she was just scared. Oh well :p’ (totally paraphrased btw) but I actually think that makes it an even better hint. I mean, if she were injured, Ash would sort of be obliged to hold her up, otherwise…well, he’d be a dick. But instead, he was comforting her because she was scared, which he could have done without his hands on her shoulders (without being a dick), so I thought that was pretty sweet c:
- bOnNiE aNd cLeMoNt are sO cUTE oH my gOD
- I had several sudden rushes of affection for Braixen throughout this episode. Sometimes it just hits me like wow hot damn Braixen is a queen and also my spirit Pokemon (dat sass)
- Similarly, Chespin is the mothafuckin court jester .-.
- My favorite thing about this episode was probably the balance of hints. Usually, most (if not all) hints come from Serena. And sure, you could argue that nothing in this episode was a real indication of anyone having a crush on anyone and that all their interactions were purely platonic. But tbh, when I look for moments between them (note that I say “moments” and not “hints”), I don’t really care if they’re romantic in nature. They need to bond and become close friends before any sort of romance can occur–mostly for the sake of Ash. I just don’t see Ash developing feelings for anyone he doesn’t already have a close bond with, at least for this initial breaking of the Wall of Denseness. That being said, I do think that he already feels differently about Serena than his other friends; I don’t think he’s aware of it and I don’t think it’s a full-blown crush yet, simply because he does not act like a person with a crush. He acts like someone who cares about her. He acts like he doesn’t realize that she’s special to him in a different way than his friends or even his Pokemon. It’s not like you can see it in every move he makes, which I think is partly because his attention span is nonexistent and partly because he doesn’t realize he feels differently so he doesn’t always think about it (because that’s just not what Ash does). Did any of that make sense? Man, this was supposed to be about the episode. Ah well. I don’t have any more to say about it for now. If my brain goes on amourverdrive again, I’ll probably make another post. Like I do. Sorry I don’t even know if I’m making sense any more I’m gonna stop typing now love you all :x