- Flyers about Muslim internment camps were posted throughout campus at the University of California-San Diego on Wednesday, NBC San Diego reported.
- “All Muslim persons, both alien and non-alien, will be evacuated from the above designated area by 12:00 o'clock noon Wednesday, April 8, 2017,” the flyer, which includes multiple misspellings and grammatical errors, reads.
- Titled “INSTRUCTIONS TO ALL PERSONS OF ISLAMIC BELIEF,” the flyer read ordered the evacuation of Muslims from the San Diego area.
- The flyers are a near-replica of posters that appeared after the bombing of Pearl Harbor when FDR signed an executive order to round up Japanese-Americans and force them into internment camps.
- “No Muslim person will be permitted to enter or leave the above described area after 8:00 a.m., Thursday, April 2, 2017, without obtaining special permission from the Provost Marshal at the Civil Control Station.”
- The individual who posted the flyers, a UCSD student who kept their name anonymous, claimed responsibility for them in a statement published in a local newspaper.
- The intention was not to be Islamophobic, the person said. Instead, they intended to “shock and anger people” regarding the rise of Islamophobia since Trump’s presidential win. Read more (3/2/17 2:54 PM)