- A community of Muslims and allies in San Francisco are raising funds to provide Muslim American filmmakers with grants to counter false narratives about their religious community.
- The American Muslim Storytellers grant is in partnership with the Islamic Scholarship Fund, a nonprofit organization providing scholarships to Muslim American community members.
- The crowdfunding campaign was launched on Saturday on Indiegogo, with a campaign goal of $10,000.
- The funds will provide Muslim American filmmakers grants between $1,000 and $4,000.
- “We wanted to give people a way to directly support the American Muslim community,” Michael Morgenstern, founder of the grant, said in an email. “Anyone who believes that Muslims deserve a powerful voice today can give directly to people who want to tell their own stories.” Read more