A belated birthday tribute I hurriedly made for myself, involving all the animations that not only made my 2016 grand, but also grew me even more as a lover of cartoons.
If you have no idea what the heck Uncle G is talking about, here’s a little recap for those who don’t know: my mom’s in Heaven with grandma, and one of the special things she ate before she left was my birthday cake and ice cream last year. While she was on hospice, she pretty much refused to eat, let alone even drink soup. However, when my 23rd birthday arrived, she actually managed to eat a WHOLE plate of red velvet cake and strawberry ice cream.
Red velvet is our favorite. I decided that my 24th birthday cake this year would be that flavor, along with a tub of strawberry ice cream, just to feel her much closer.
I always thought that because this is Uncle Grandpa we’re talking about, that he MIGHT have some way of communicating with angels nonchalantly? I mean, he can duplicate himself and bend time and reality, so maybe?
Here’s why I chose these specific animations to be featured in my birthday tribute:
- Uncle Grandpa-he will always be the reason I went back into watching Cartoon Network and realize that it’s actually great again despite having Teen Shite-ans Go!. I love him both an uncle and a grandpa. :aww
- Wander-oh, boy, this year has been major Wander Over Yonder love for the show, especially since I just joined in #savewoy, and met great people like @peepsqueak who are the most dedicated people I’ve seen to demand the continuation for a cartoon.
- Darwin Watterson from The Amazing World of Gumball-he show has given me so much more feels this year than it did back in 2015. My second favorite CN show after Uncle Grandpa.
- Chuck from Angry Birds Movie-probably the BEST movie based on a game in my opinion, and rejuvenated my love for Angry Birds because I ADORE the new designs. Even though it premiered after Zootopia, it pretty much was my favorite animal movie compared to it, because I like birds.
I added the Nick Wilde tsum sum plush there because Zootopia was something I looked forward to since 2015 at the D23 convention. And I bought that plush sometime after watching the movie. To me it was the best Disney movie so far. Same reason I included my Finding Dory shirt up there, because it was the movie I watched with my dad on Father’s Day, and she knows how much I love it.
- Princess Poppy from Trolls-I never liked the franchise back then, but after its complete makeover and the beauty of its new concept, I fell totally in love with it. The movie was amazing, and thus I have become a fan since, ironically having hated it when I saw the first teaser.
- Douche from Sausage Party-first ever adult CGI animated film and it AWESOME. I never thought I would become a fan to this movie, but after giving it a chance, despite its “middle finger” to Disney and Dreamworks movies, it’s actually one of the most powerfully-moral films I’ve seen since Zootopia. You know it’s that good when a freaking Douche has more fangirls than Johnny Depp. :lol:
- Kooky Cookie from Shopkins (the g-rated version of Sausage Party)-when I was working my first job at Kohl’s last year for the holidays, people kept asking me about this franchise. I honestly didn’t care for it, thinking it was as shoddy as Equestria Girls. However, after watching the Chef Club movie, I’m fallen in love and have been collecting Season 6 Shopkins, hoping to find the limited editions. (I bought the Food Fair Shopkins on the night of my birthday while hanging out with my friends. One of them was a birthday cake Shopkin that literally had the words “Happy Birthday” on its head. )
Thank you everyone who wished me a happy birthday.😘