Recently decided to go vegetarian.. it’s entirely new to me so I may still eat meat occasionally.. not going to be too strict/hard on myself straight away.. my reason why.. I just feel better. I ate some bad chicken a little while ago and my stomached turned everytime I thought about meat so I didn’t eat it for a few weeks and I just felt so much better…. I substitute more veges onto my plate to make up for it so maybe that’s why.. not sure. But I feel lighter and happier so giving it a good shot. The mister loves his steak though so it’s going to prove a challenge in our household. 😬
So this is my amazing vegetarian tacos.
honestly i was so productive today tho i went hiking in the morning w my aunt then i got this amazing muffin and coffee from this vegan bakery by my house, then i worked a full shift where i decorated the shit out of this bright purple cake w a huge peacock on it and when i left i went to the discount urban across the street and got this rlly cute top, went to ralphs for the grocery store haul, came home made amazing shrimp tacos and now im working on freelance shit like… this is what blënt girl was talking about….. this is what she meant
Blue you want to take over the Culinary World? Tale Pap are you part of this plan too? Taco flavor spaghetti is amazing. Ever made taco omelette?
Papyrus: AN OMELETTE IS JUST A FLAT QUICHE!
Blue: WE ARE GOING TO JOIN FORCES WITH FELL TEMMIE TO EXPAND OUR INFLUENCE TO ALL CORNERS OF THE WORLD! EVERY DISH, EVERY RECIPE WILL HAVE OUR NAME ON IT! WE SHALL FINALLY RECEIVE WHAT WE TRULY DESERVE! FAME! POPULARITY! I CAN ALREADY HEAR THEM CHANTING OUR NAMES MWHAHA
Feeling motivated by my own recovery today because I am so fricking strong 😁
Picture one - this was taken a few weeks before I went to inpatient treatment. I spent the day at a craft fair. It was the middle of summer but I was covered in goosebumps. I planned on getting a smoothie for lunch and ended up having two sips and throwing it away because I was convinced they put cream in it. I avoided all of the free food samples and longingly looked at others enjoying themselves. I was dead on the inside and controlled by anorexia. I was there with my friend Katie but really it was a date between anorexia and I.
Picture two- taken in Mexico after being out of treatment for 5 months. I had just had an amazing dinner of fish tacos and even tasted my friends and family’s meals too. I was enjoying the sunset and warmth on my face instead of focusing on my stomach. There was still a nagging voice in the back of my mind but I was able to push it back and enjoy my vacation.
Now I am really living. Yes I gained weight but I also gained my soul back. My smile, my laugh, my glow, my strength and my compassion is all coming back.
I am proud of my recovery.
Travel Tuesday: For her Manhattan restaurant, Salvation Taco, F&W Best New Chef 2007 April Bloomfield worked with chef Roberto Santibañez to develop a menu of admittedly inauthentic, but very delicious and creative Mexican-inspired dishes like this amazing skirt steak taco.
I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom (like a lady do). I promptly started looking through my tumblr (as an addict do). While looking to see if http://sabertooth-raccoon.tumblr.com/ had added anything to her index, I promptly realized that she had not ONLY liked a drawing I had made, but reblogged it and complimented it not one, but SEVEN times.
She such a kind and loving person to compliment me on something I was scared to post. I’d also like to thank everyone who reblogged and liked it… you are all so lovely.
To have your favorite artist (as well as complete strangers) like something you drew is probably the most beautiful feeling in the world. I hope your day was amazing, because you most certainly made mine. <3
“You know what I’m feeling? Tacos. Tacos sound amazing right now. Someone should totally buy me tacos. I’d pay you back in whatever way you want that doesn’t involve money or actual effort. By which I mean my time and my body.”
Lest you all think I’m a giant sad sack of potatoes these days, yesterday was pretty great.
• I nailed the curriculum presentation and everyone seemed to get notes of what to do differently next time from the Boss Man…except me… 👏🏽.
• I no longer have my own office, but I staked out some space in the corner of my shared room that has a great view of the Dallas skyline. The two other teachers haven’t come back yet so…early bird or something, right? 🌆
• fivefootsomethingsweating and I went rock climbing last night! So much fun! Plus there was an amazing taco off the Torchy’s secret menu that set my mouth on fire (#worthit) and a smidge of wine as a send off before she heads to LA. Marley the Cat does like her. Please excuse her constant look of dismissiveness. That’s just her face.
• I do enjoy rock climbing and don’t go enough. They have so many auto-belays now that I wouldn’t have to rely on a partner either (which can be tough to find). Must go more often.
• And that first picture…if I’m being honest, I don’t really want to post it. It sent me into a tailspin of bad body image feels. I try to ignore my excess skin issues (and that 10-15lbs I’ve never been able to lose) and then I’m smacked in the face with a picture like this and I’m like OH YEAH. BUT I post it because I need to remember the positive which is this: my back and shoulders have always been my weakest areas and looking at my little back muscles peeping through makes me incredibly happy. Thank you, NROLFW for making those baby muscles possible. Its a start.