I went to Glastonbury this week. Avalon is a very beautiful and peaceful place. I sat on the top of the tor very very long time, keep recalled the stories of them, and imagine what it looks like thousand years before. Sadly my friend and I have to leave before sunset. I hope one day I will come back to see you again.
Glastonbury was intense and brilliant and exhausting and insane but here’s a personal highlight:
Now I’ve been lucky enough to meet a few celebrities and a few of my favourites, but never have I been stood minding my own business at an absolutely gigantic festival and had the lead singer of my favourite band appear two feet in front of me, having fought through a crowd to talk to ME because I was wearing a tshirt from when his band did a secret gig under a pseudonym.
My short and delightfully overwhelming interaction with Dan Smith from Bastille included:
- “YOU’RE WEARING A CHAOS PLANET TSHIRT!” “YOU’RE DAN FROM BASTILLE!”
- general chat about how awesome Glastonbury is/how good Rationale’s set was
- “I’m Nina” “I’m Dan” “…I know”
- “Can I be cheeky and ask for a photo?” “Of course!”
- “It was lovely to meet you”
- a hug and a kiss on the cheek, initiated by him
Seriously, I will not be over this for some time. What a sweetheart.