I am still saving my body for the anime. Should I read the manga instead?
Well, it depends on your level of commitment to waiting for it, but if the fancy to read it does strike you, you can read it HERE on bato.to - the new translations aren’t yet finished, but they’re up to the final few volumes! Just a few more chapters of 61 to go, and then 2 more after that!
Lately, they’ve been redoing some early chapters, too - there’s been a few reuploaded recently, in fact, but that’s not anything of concern, really. Newly translated chapters are a bit sporadic, but usually there’s some new ones every month-ish - not set in stone, though, of course.
I’m not complaining - lucky to be getting them for free, in English anyway, no matter the timeframe, right?
Keep in mind, the actual colour scans end with Aerosmith part 3 as of right now, and you’re kind of automatically shunted into the old, not as good scans after finishing it; you can reach Aerosmith part 4 via the dropdown menu for chapters at the top of the page, or by following THIS link if you can’t find it.
If you’re not sure if you’re reading the correct scans, check for some of these things (especially the first two);
- The older scans are grouped together in volumes, whereas the newer ones are uploaded as individual chapters.
- The newer chapter scans are always prefaced with a page crediting the translation team.
- Does the ice man have a bizarre fixation on the French language? That’s an old scan.
- If the tortoise moos, that’s also an old scan.
- The overall quality of the images and the typesetting is of a lower quality in the old scans.