laying in bed with michael late at night, as he absentmindedly rubs your back because he knows how much you love to be touched and held, and a comfortable silence has fallen over the two of you because you were both too tired to talk, but no one wanted to go to sleep since this was always your favorite time to spend alone together as a couple. michael moves his hands from your back to your hair and runs his fingers through it over and over again. you can feel his nose touch your head and he says “your hair smells amazing, as always,” and he pats your hair gently as the whir of the ceiling fan blows it softly. michael whispers “i love you to the moon and back, darling,” and that, combined with the soft light coming from the street lamp outside, are the last things you remember before you drift off into a peaceful sleep.
2. Her songs take me back to my past and allow me to experience the good and the bad all over again, and through this I am able to learn from my experiences and grow into a stronger person.
3. She loves cats and she has the two cutest cats in the entire world, tbh.
4. She isn’t afraid to take risks and try new things, even in the face of uncertainty. This has motivated me to become more fearless and to step out of my comfort zone, making me a better person.
5. She ALWAYS stands up for what she believes in, no matter what anyone says. That can be such a hard thing to do especially being a celebrity bc you constantly have people watching what you do and judging you, yet she stays true to herself. She’s so brave.
6. She gives me strength bc she’s experienced a lot of heartbreaks just like I have, but her strong words of encouragement and wonderful advice makes it easier for me to hold it together and realize that I don’t have to have a boyfriend to be happy.
7. She expresses her feelings of heartbreak in her songs, and it takes a very brave person to do that. She shares her stories with the world, with her fans, and I’m so glad that she allows us to be a part of that.
8. She does everything in her power to make every Swiftie feel equally loved and valued. There are so many of us and I know if she could, she would take as many days needed to meet every single one of us.
9. She’s always been there for me when nobody else was. I don’t even know her, I’ve never even met her, (although I feel like I know her bc she shares so much with us) but I feel like her music is her way of connecting with her fans and letting us know that life isn’t going to be easy 100% of the time, not even close, but we can always get through a bad day.
10. She has taught me so many important life lessons: love unconditionally, never make impressing others your top priority, always be true to yourself, it’s okay to not be okay, always have good friends in your life, be your biggest fan, always give yourself credit and a little pat on the back, never underestimate yourself, always stand up for what you believe in no matter what others may think, people will make mistakes, but sometimes we have to forgive them bc we’ve probably made the same mistakes in life too, never judge others, be optimistic, always have a smile on your face, be kind to others, even if you’re having a bad day, compliment yourself, be open to new ideas, love who you are and embrace it, never wish to be someone else bc there is nobody in the world like me, never cry over a boy wouldn’t cry over you, love doesn’t always have to be at the top of your list, but your happiness does, if you haves something to say, don’t wait, speak now, real life can be a fairytale, but not always, the glass is always half full, never half empty, never grow up, but since you’re kind of forced to, never forget those who were there to build you up and caught you when you fell when others were tearing you down, never stop dreaming or believing.
11. Her smile and her laugh. Both can change my grey skies to blue instantly.
12. She enjoys making covers of other artist’s music, and she has so much fun doing it. It’s wonderful to watch and I love listening to them. (And her covers are always better than the originals)
13. She always talks highly of other women and never tears them down.
14. We’re all in this together.
15. She surprises us in ways that no artist has ever done before because she loves us that much and likes to make us happy.
16. She is 100% real all of the time.
17. She likes to make fun of herself and laugh when she does silly things.
18. She’s always dancing to the beat of her own drum.
19. She is active on Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, constantly sharing her new adventures with all of us.
20. She writes her own songs.
21. She works so hard every single day to make us happy.
22. She always thanks her fans for everything.
23. She helped me get through one of the hardest breakups I’ve ever had to go through… I was engaged to my “high school sweetheart.” He was a marine, and about two days after he left for Iraq, he wrote me on Facebook and said he couldn’t be with me anymore bc he was afraid that if he didn’t come back it would kill me… He came back after his deployment and was engaged to another girl within six months, and she was pregnant. THAT killed me.
24. She will always be here for all of us for as long as she is on this earth. I am so certain of that.
25. I can’t say enough about her. Just thinking about how much she has impacted my life makes me want to cry out of pure happiness because I have never known of anyone in my life who has been able to make me feel the way she makes me feel. She makes me want to keep on moving, even when I feel like giving up. She’s a big part of my motivation to never stop trying no matter how much I fail. She is an angel, bless you Taylor Swift. I love you so much, and thank you for everything, I will be eternally grateful for all that you’ve done for every single one of us.
I love you taylorswift, and I hope you have the time of your life today and every day!!!
George Harrison was one on his own though. I remember one night there were a couple of girls who wanted to come into the club but they didn’t have enough money.
They asked me but I told them I just couldn’t help - if I helped them out I’d have to do it for thousands of them.
Just then George came up and asked what the problem was. When I told him he put a pound in my hand and asked me to give it to the girls without telling them where it had come from. They realised of course and started crying because they were so pleased.
Cavern head doorman Pat Delaney on George Harrison, Yeah! magazine, 19 November 1995