get to know me meme: 4/5 male groups ♦ bangtan boys (2013-) “I greet my third spring in Seoul alone. I thought my worries will ease with the debut in front of my nose; I closed my eyes to the present that could not be altered. Reality was different, even when my peers tried to keep me I walked the lightless tunnels on my own. I thought I was alone but I’ve learned that we are seven. No longer barefoot, wearing shoes called Bangtan.”
Elwetritsch is a bird-like creature that calls Germany its home. This animal is typically described as looking like a chicken however, sightings and claims appear to give it a number of different altered appearances such as having antlers or scales instead of feathers. The
Elwetritsch is widely thought to be a hoax - people would organize hunts in order to play pranks. During these hunts, one person would be made “the catcher” and the others would be “beaters”. The beaters would go off to flush out the
Elwetritsch while the catcher waited with a lantern and a large potato sack or a net. While the catcher would wait endlessly for the bird to be chased out and toward the net, the catchers usually just left them in the woods while they went to the local pub.
People who complain when fanfic writers don’t do things exactly like canon have a fundamental misunderstanding of what fanfiction is/should be.
Fanfiction is not a regurgitation of canon topics/concepts; it’s a dialogue that exists with and sometimes against canon. It explores concepts and topics the source material either ignored or had no interest in exploring in the first place. Fanfiction was born because canon stories didn’t tell the kind of stories fans wanted to see (What if Spock and Kirk were a couple? What if the cast of Star Trek were explorers during the 15th Century? What would it take for these two enemy characters to fall in love?)
To say that fanfiction is beholden to canon is just bullshit and to hound writers for not slavishly worshiping the source material is not only rude, it’s against the spirit of fanfiction. Great fanfiction takes canon into account but alters it in light of the story being told. Characters change given new/differing situations. Relationships evolve because the author is exploring new ground/circumstances. If nothing changes or if no new insights are revealed because of the story and everything is exactly like the source material then what’s the point of reading the story in the first place.
This is a rough guide, and will not cover everything. It is also not a great title, but I didn’t know what to label it!!
1. Try to empathise with the person even if you cannot imagine having alters.
2. Do not challenge different alters beliefs, values, opinions etc. For example one alter may smoke another may hate smoking… You should just try to go with this and act calmly. One alter may attend church, another may be atheist. Try to be understanding and flexible.
3. Do not be judgemental if someone with DID tells you about strange sounding or complex problems/issues/ideas etc.
4. Do not make fun of alters or the host around their alters, you never know who you may invite out or what the response will be. This could be very upsetting for a person who has DID.
5. Do not pretend to know what a person with DID is experiencing.
6. Do not dismiss or trivialise concerns of someone with DID. People who suffer from DID will have been through trauma in their lives, and deserve attention and the space to speak openly.
7. Try to speak to each alter individually and respond to them in the best way, not necessarily the obvious or correct way.
8. When dealing with little alters … The child alter may be advanced. They may drive, smoke etc.
9. Try to help the person with DID set up a system and communication method between all their alters.
So this is very brief, just thought I’d do a how to help someone with DID “At a glance” Hope this helps!!
(( Last drawing for today cause I’m tired of drawing all dayyyyy ~ I’m just gonna call regular Yuuri Agape ver. and then we have Eros!Yuuri. Still not sure if they’re just an alter ego or different personality or what but I hope to use them again in the future ))
Random Headcanon: Link’s androgyny isn’t just an artefact of the Zelda franchise’s art direction - and neither is it particularly unusual. Sexual dimorphism among Hylians is legitimately much lower than among real-world humans; if Link and Zelda swapped clothes, you’d never be able to tell who was the girl and who was the boy.
Consequently, Hylian society depends heavily on clothing to establish gender roles, to the extent that it’s a severe faux pas to question someone’s gender presentation. If they’re dressed like a girl, then they’re a girl - even if they were dressed like a boy yesterday. That’s why nobody ever remarks upon the fact that Zelda and her heroic alter-ego Sheik are different genders; it’d be gauche at best to bring it up.
Summary: “The idea is that there are multiple universe out there, all parallel,” he explained. “And in each universe, something slightly differently might happen, changing all the events that correlate.”
“Like the butterfly effect,” Jasper chipped in. Monty nodded.
“Exactly. So, let’s say that I have a drink in a bar in one universe. In another, I might decide to go for a second, while in another, I might choose a different bar – altering the course of events.”
Amongst parallel universes, we follow Bellamy and Clarke.
You're a mom, but you're two... can you get put it time out?
These two sides of my identity do not intersect. i am a mother to all of my beautiful internet children. and then in a different alter ego i am 0-5 years old at any given time to myself, my peers, and some superiors