time for my messy unwanted unpopular opinion (again..!)
- im sorry to say this but the reason half of you are so angry and disappointed all the time is that you take things so…personally. you think you are louis and what you believe his team is doing to him is actually happening to you? like, yall act like louis’ team is purposefully doing “bad” things just to spite YOU personally. i read shit like “i wanna stop supporting/promoting because whats the point his team doesnt want it blah blah blah”. all im gonna say is no need to be so dramatic no one is forcing you to stream in the first place but also stop being obsessed with his team…? you claim to love louis but then wanna ‘punish him’ because of his team lmao…makes no sense.
- ppl complaining the promo is bad have literally not been there for niall’s promo but im not surprised because yall only pretend to like him anyway but if you paid attention you would realize louis had better promo than him and the reason why niall is so high now is because most songs take time to build up in the charts. SH debuted at #52 in the US. now its #19.
- you have literally no consideration for what louis wants. you automatically assume that if what is happening is not what YOU want, then louis also doesn’t want it. you think he wastes his time in small radio stations? well maybe louis just likes meeting his fans from all over the country instead of always staying in london and seeing the same goddamn stalkers. newsflash: you are not louis. you dont get to decide whats good for him and what isnt, you also can’t get in his head to figure out what he wants.
- you constantly project your stereotypes and bias on louis to shit on his own style. getting mad at his haircut - do you even hear yourself? being mad that what he wears looks “cheap” or “chavy” when all of his clothes are totally unaffordable (at least for me) and he fucking likes it. hes also being paid for promoting these designers so i really dont think hes crying at home.
- some of you dont wanna admit it but you hate it because you dont think he looks “stereotypically gay” the way harry does with his bright clothes. you think his clothes makes him look too “straight” and “masculine” and for you its incompatible with your belief that hes gay because gay people cant be masculine apparently. there’s also the fact that not liking a style personally (it’s ok we all have tastes) doesn’t make it objectively bad. you not liking it doesnt mean no one can like it.
- another portion of you are just deadass angry because he’s (still) closeted and it appears some of you have inherent disgust for that and im not gonna elaborate on how that’s fucked up and none of your business.
- i hate when he mentions his gf and his kid as much as everyone else but to act like its bad promo is just wrong. everyone else loves it and it makes him relatable even if its lies 80% of the time. just look at liam. so stop projecting, again, your own feelings into the state of his promo.
- again its just the FIRST WEEK of promo its not a disaster if he hasnt been on any TV appearance or done any performance. on the contrary, when all appearances are in the same week, the song DROPS after that because there is no more promo. that’s what all of 1d’s songs ever were: best charts the first week (first 2 days, really) then significant drop.
tl;dr relax a bit, and remind yourself at the end of the day this isnt your life its not happening to YOU and the world isnt ending. bye.