I'm dealing with anatomy for the first time in my life and i just don't know where to start. Do i start with bones?muscles?tissue? Helppp meeee im losing my mind
Well, I can tell you how I went about it (or rather how my school decided we should do it):
1) start with bones: learn to recognize them by looking at pictures or specimens and saying the names out loud. Then go into details : do upper extremity, then lower, axial and skull at the end( allow yourself to move on to muscles before you memorize the entire skull).
2) Muscles. Start out with just the names again, same order as bones. Add origin and insertion ones you have learned the names. Then finish off with movements (+innervation).
3) major blood vessels & nerves. Go thru them and create a picture that also includes the things you have learned while studying the upper/lower extremity. (Save the cranial nerves for after organs or if you do brain anatomy in your course, do that after everything else)
4) internal organs: name, placement(s), structure of each organ, then innervation and blood supplies in that order 😊
5) Brain anatomy + cranial nerves
Good luck with your anatomy! ☠️