After Palmetto, Andrew signed on to a good pro team and played there for 3 seasons before he and Neil get married
bc they’re in love for legal rights or whatever
- The fact that Andrew Minyard was married came as a surprise to literally all of his teammates.
- There hadn’t even been an engagement that the team knew of.
- Andrew had simply shown up after the off season with a ring on his left hand.
- One of the new teammates, who’d had the least amount of experience dealing with Andrew was the one to ask if it was a wedding ring.
- “What the fuck else would it be?” Andrew replies
- probably the most some of his teammates had heard him say since he’d started playing for them three years ago
- Everyone sits in the lounge gaping at him until Andrew sighed and finally confirmed their suspicions, “Yes it’s a wedding ring.”
- The captain was the first to get her act together and cleared her throat awkwardly. “I didn’t know you were seeing anyone. Congrats, though, that’s awesome.”
- Andrew just like nods in her direction
- Another young teammate asks “What’s her name?”
- “Or his,” says the only teammate Andrew doesn’t actually hate
- Andrew answers “It’s none of your business.”
- Their coach is like “While I love this enthralling discussion of Minyard’s personal life, we need to focus on what I actually pay you to do.”
- And then they go back to focusing on exy and Andrew being married isn’t really brought up again but everyone remembers