I was wondering if you would point me to your most popular/personal favorite posts? please and also thank you.
Aaaahh, thank YOU for asking such interesting questions! I’ll answer them separately, since my most popular posts and personal faves don’t all line up.
- “What was it you were hoping I’d bring to the table - quiet obedience? No. I bring the storm, I bring chaos and your imminent destruction. You made a mistake.” (x) (47k)
“Drink hot beverages in copious amounts. Put on that sweater that makes you feel protected. Wear the lucky charm no one but you believes in. Practice breathing techniques. Let your favourite fictional character have your back. If you want to get through the day, and you use every trick at your disposal, that doesn’t make you weak. It makes you the smart one.” (x) (8.7k)
- “There are some things you cannot control, and I am at least three of them.“ (x) (2.5k)
- “Our emotions are indicators. They point our attention towards things. Sometimes they even give us a hint about what that thing might imply for us. But they are indicators nonetheless: first guesses, not absolute truths. They need to be examined further in order to be truly helpful to us. We must neither follow them without question nor disregard them as a rule.“ (x) (1.2k)
- “There is nothing you cannot handle. You’ve been to hell and back already. Stand your ground.“ (x) (750)
Out of these, I’m glad 2 and 4 got so many notes, because I was really hoping for that message to reach out. I’m also very fond of 3, I keep chuckling to myself about it actually, so it was fun to see that others found it amusing as well. So yeah, 2, 3 and 4 are actually among my personal faves as well!
- “Announce it to the sky right here and right now; tell it to the stars and the waves and anyone who happens to hear: say that you are free, say that you are wild, and say that you will damn well do as you damn well please.“ (x)
- “Open your arms up wide, face the wind, feel the rain on your skin, and laugh. This chaos is yours and yours alone, and hell, you will dance so magnificently through the storm.“ (x)
- “Here’s to new beginnings, to chaos and change. Here’s to rushing headfirst into the unexplored. Here’s to your excitement about all you will learn. Here’s to new experiences. Here’s to the sky and the universe and the vastness of your mind.“ (x) (fun fact: this was my first post on this blog!)
- “Dance in the light of the dying stars. It may be the end of the world, but there’s no way in hell you won’t appreciate every last second of this lost and damned universe if given the chance.“ (x)
- “We’re the kind of people who will need to head out on a stormy night. To experience it all first hand. To feel the rain splash in our faces, and the wind tear at our clothes. Because we need to know it’s real. Because it’s like us, it’s free and untamed and relentless and oh so powerful. And there will be reprimanding looks, suspicious words, lack of understanding. There will be all of that and more. But we are true to ouselves, and a stormy night is all we need to feel alive.“ (x)
- “Are you really lost beyond hope? I don’t think you are. Exhausted, maybe, thrown into a complete mess of a situation, yes, but lost? Not while you’re still breathing.“ (x)
- “You will have to take a dark road, full of danger and doubts, and I cannot come with you. But what you seek lies ahead, and I know how important it is to you. So go, go and find it: I truly believe that you can. Fair winds and stars above, my friend, and a safe return!“ (x)
- “Tell me about the thing you find your way to in the dark. The thing you know inside out. The thing that’s your stone number one when you have to start again from scratch. And when you lose your way, remember what you told me.“ (x)
“Say it. Through gritted teeth, with shaking sobs, amidst worlds crashing down. Delivery has no impact on the truth of your words.” (x)
- “So you are terrified. Well, we can infer at least two things from that: you are alive, and you’ll be fighting to keep it that way.“ (x)
So these are the posts I feel capture most closely what it is I’m trying to convey with this blog. Again, thanks for asking, these questions were really fun to think about!