Zen and Jumin having a little sister who is depressed and have anxiety but hides it behind her smiles, jokes and corny puns. I'm sorry if this disturbs you, I'm just really having a bad life. You don't have to do this if you're uncomfortable with it. Thank you.
Sorry, this is so late, anon. I hope you are feeling better now nonetheless, but in case you still need this to cheer you up then here you go!
– Admin Void
- She’s the only family member that he can still tolerate, tbh
- He calls and visits frequently. Though he wants her to come with him, knowing fully well how toxic the home environment is, his financial state isn’t stable enough yet and there’s also legalities involved.
- He was probably the one who fought tooth and nail with his mom to get her properly treated and diagnosed when she just brushed it off as “a teenage phase”
- He sneaks her out of school on days she doesn’t feel well enough to be in school bc Mom wouldn’t let her stay at home
“Y/N?” You turns over to your window sill, cheeks blotchy and eyes red from crying. School stress, exams, strained friendships, endless days of unexplainable loneliness and fatique plagued your teen life. It feels so small in comparison to all the problem of the world, yet why do you feel so suffocated?
“How are you doing, little bird?” Zen falters a bit when he notices your tears, but he doesn’t comment on it. You wonder how he has managed to pick up on your sour mood when you have been nothing but jokes and memes that afternoon. ‘Brother senses tingling’ probs. “Wanna come with me? we can buy some junk food, or something nice. I dunno. Up to you.” He winks and you smile, sluggishly crawling out of bed. You two eat shit food and fishbread, joking until you could smile again without feeling guilty for having fun.
You come to school the next morning to find your favourite teacher explaining that Zen has contacted them regarding the hard time you are having. After some negotiation with your other teachers, you have gotten extra time on some assignments and offers for extra tutoring if you need it.
- When she was first diagnosed, he took the time to research everything so he’d get an idea of what she’s going through.
- He comes to personally pick her up after her sessions because he knows it’s often the time she’s most vulnerable. Also, he gets to give her psychiatrists/therapists The Glare to make sure they’re still on their A-game.
- He doesn’t understand memes but he sends the “:)” emoticon whenever she sends him a rare pepe.
- If her anxiety makes it hard to go to school, she’d have personal tutors and Jumin probs frequently check in on her if he isn’t too busy. Chairman Han be like “I think she should be outside interacting with people” and Jumin is just like “she’s interacting with me and Elizabeth aren’t we people”
The company’s New Year party is getting a bit too loud and you regret agreeing to come along. Your stylist, friends and brother had assured you that you look great, but every glance your way sent a wave of panic through you. Have you sat on something and stained your designer dress? Did you smear your lipstick across your face and is unknowingly walking around, looking like a clown? Are you slouching too much? Talking too little? Walking too awkwardly??
Your older brother stands on a podium, giving a casual speech with a glass of champagne in hand and you wonder— how? How could he do it like that? Look like that? Be the face of the company at such a young age, while you cling desperately to anything, anything, floundering and grasping for some sort of footing in life? He suddenly catches your eye and smiles at you. “I’d also like to thank my little sister for coming tonight,” he adds and you look down, smiling timidly. Despite everything, the hidden words ring between the both of you. “Let’s toast to the new year, everyone.”
You end up leaving early at Jumin’s insistence after you briefly commented that you are feeling a bit jittery and light-headed. “Get an early rest,” he tells you after escorting you out to the car. “Hug Elizabeth for me. I’ll be home late.” Later on, when you are safely tucked in bed with a happy feline in your arm, you find a text from Jumin. “You looked great tonight. I’m proud of you.” Attached with a picture: