Ppl in the UK:
- Open your windows at night while it’s cool and then close them (and your curtains) in the morning. Living in California without A/C taught me this.
- Drink a lot of water. (Water is key, don’t drink sports drinks because they dehydrate you and can cause kidney stones if that’s all you’re drinking)
- Lay on the tile, I used to do this when my home (that would get over 100 degrees F) didn’t have A/C
- If you need to be out, wear a lot of sunscreen, even on places you wouldn’t think about (chest, feet, neck, ears). Even if there is cloud cover. Also find shady areas to be in. Bring water with you. If you do get burned, use aloe vera.
- Eat fruits high in water (oranges, satsumas, ect)– freeze berries and put them in your water.
- Eat!! You probably won’t feel like it, but it’s still important.
- Good trick from middle school: wet paper towels where available and place them on your neck and forehead. Also freeze your water bottles.
- And keep an eye on any elderly you know. They are much more likely to die in these kinds of temperatures.