🌻🐚June Magic Tips🐚🌻
🍄Wild Foods In Season🍄
Dandelion, daisy, elderflower, lime flowers, marsh samphire, meadowsweet, nettle, plantain, sorrel, sea beet, wild mint, wild rose flower, wild strawberry, and wood pigeon
🍓Produce In Season🍓
Artichokes, asparagus, apricots, beetroot, blueberries, black currants, broccoli, cherries, carrots, chicory, cucumbers, fennel, french beans. green beans, gooseberries, nectarines, onions, peas, rocket, radishes, runner beans, rhubarb, romaine lettuce, sorrel, spinach, strawberries, turnips, tomatoes, and watermelons
- The Strawberry Moon or Rose Moon is June 9th because it’s the peak of the strawberry season.
- Oak is the symbolic tree; dog roses, ox-eyed daises, and wild orchid are the flowers; yarrow(hollaaa), fennel, and St. John’s wart are the herbs.
- Colors associated are red, orange, gold, and yellow.
🔮Witchy Ways To Celebrate June🔮
- Decorate your home or altart with fragrant blossoms, light candles to represent the sun, and let your crystals bathe in the sun. Be careful some crystals will fade in the sun; i.e. flourite, rose quartz, citrine, aventurine, amethyst, aquamarine, and smokey quartz are the main one’s I know of. Opal won’t fade but it can become brittle!
- Connect with the fae by leaving offerings of milk, honey, or sweet bread. You can also spend this time with nature, fire, or sun gods!
- Do a purification spell by creating a midsummer fire on Letha(Summer Solstice, June 21st) in a small cauldron or a campfire! Whatever floats your boat. Cast negative feelings and illness aside by throwing a pouch(or just some) herbs in the flames. Make a protective talisman of summer herbs and flowers! Oak leaves are great for protection.
- Come together with others, either in person or online, to celebrate the longest day of the year. Try to make a connection with a friend.
- Get out and about, find an oak or holly tree and bow in respect and thanks for all they have to offer our world and to honor them at this time of their yearly battle.