I've always wanted to be tagged in one of these haha
Tag the next 11 people randomly. Post the questions I’m going to give you and answer it. Tell the next 11 people you are tagging that they are tagged. Make new questions after you answer mine. Tag me in that new post and message me! ^^
1. If you were a hero, would you have a sidekick? And who would it be?
OF COURSE! Sidekicks are the best. My sidekick would probably be a cat. :P Probably Neji, my fat cat. Useless for sure because he can’t even jump on top of the dinner table anymore but he’s the most loyal! lol I guess my other cat Hinata would be a better sidekick because I fully believe she is capable of going for someone aorta. She’s pretty scary.
2. Do you have a “go-to” movie?
Not really? I don’t really think I have 1 movie I go to but I do love watching While You Were Sleeping when I’m feeling down.
3. Have any pet peeves?
Whistling. I hate people whistling. And people who eat while talking on the phone. And people who constantly call you dear or love or other cheesy names.
4. Do you have a favorite quote? Does it mean anything to you?
The quote where my blog name comes from:
“But then they danced down the street like dingledodies, and I shambled after as I’ve been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”“ - Kerouac
I just relate to it a lot. I remember reading it and feeling like someone was finally able to put into words how I’ve felt all my life. I feel like I’m always chasing other people because I think they are interesting and wondrous but I always felt left behind. Nothing special about me. Which is probably the same reason why I fell in love with gymnastics. I remember seeing Shannon Miller stick that vault and just being like BUT SHE’S SO SMALL AND TINY! And it just seems like everything gymnasts do is so impossible and wondrous. So yea. That’s why I chose this blog name. Plus dingledodies isn’t really a word, and I like that. :P I like made up words.
5. What are your five favorite foods?
c. sweet potato fries
e. ice cream! (it’s a food!)
6. Do you know how to play pool? (online pool counts [: haha)
haha Neither! I’ve tried but I don’t get it at all. And not once has some cute boy tried to teach me. Movies lie!
7. Do you use shampoo with or without conditioner?
Without! I’m not a crazy person!
8. What was the craziest adventure you had as a kid?
You mean non-imaginary? Because I don’t remember ever doing anything interesting as a kid. I guess swimming to the really deep part of the beach to hang out with my older cousins? lol I knew how to swim though, and my cousins were all swimmers/divers so no danger there really. God, my childhood was really boring.
9. Do you have a preference between Summer and Winter Olympics?
Well I have to say Summer because gymnastics! But in general I enjoyed the last Winter Olympics more than the last Summer. I just think Winter Olys seem more fun and relaxed.
10. How many gifs do you have saved on your computer from tumblr?
None! I had a bunch but my laptop kept whining about my startup disk being full so I erased them all and then I realized I had 4 downloaded movies which is why the disk was full. Fail!
1. Do you remember when facebook let you throw cows at people?
2. Did you ever watch that weird show after Power Rangers?
3. This is very important: Were you a Looney Tunes or Animaniacs kid?
4. Did Babysitters Club ever have an ending? The bookstore where I got the books closed so I never found out! One of the most traumatic experiences of my life, tbh. Did Kristy ever come out? Did the Jewish girl (was it Abby?) ever get a decent storyline? Did Mallory murder her entire family? So many unanswered questions.
5. Who was your favorite Spice Girl? (I know you had one! Don’t lie!)
6. What was the first movie that was "yours” as a kid?
7. Who was your first celebrity crush? (Mine was Prince William so don’t be embarrassed!)
8. In honor of my favorite questionnaire: What sound or noise do you love?
9. Is there a movie you’ve seen that you feel no one else has seen?
10. Did you ever get the crap scared out of ya by ICQ or AOL sounds? That fucking door sound always got me! And my dogs HAAAAAATED the typewriter ICQ sounds.
(In the interest of fairness I just tagged the 9 people on my tumblr crushes. YOU SHOULD FEEL FLATTERED! Or annoyed. Also some of you should get easier to spell blog names. Just a thought. :P)
I would like to wish my dear friend Halie a very happy 20th birthday today. I’ve known you since we were very shy wallflower children in third grade gushing over Avril Lavigne to the two of us now obsessing over random TV shows and book series. We’ve been to Chic-Fil-A and random concerts together and have stayed up late to fangirl over falling stars in the freezing cold. We may not have always around each other the whole way, but we have a way of keeping in touch. No matter how long it has been since we’ve seen each other, we have no problem picking up where we left off. Thank you for introducing me to Tumblr! <3