Advice/Reminders for 2015 VCE students:
For the ATAR:
- The ATAR calculator is a lie. Don’t listen to it.
- 90+ is actually really fuckn hard to achive.
- The average ATAR is in the 60s.
- Above 30 is a beyond average study score for anything. Most people get high 20s/low 30s.
- Waste no time on subjects you don’t want/need to do.
- Fuck the scaling system and go for what you love. You’ll do better that way.
- Just because you didn’t get the Dream Score, it doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world
- Talk to teachers. They’re a beautiful resource.
- Practice essays = too important for words
- Pay attention to all feedback.
- Read the examiner’s reports.
- Don’t measure your achievements against other people.
- Practice papers are some of the best things
- Revision lectures are great for wrapping your head around content.
- Pathways are everywhere. Look out - not getting into a bachelors isn’t the end of the world.
- Talk to your careers advisor. They should know what’s up.
- Don’t not put something there just because you think you won’t get the mark.
- Just because you got a bit below the clearly in, doesn’t mean you won’t get in.
- Be aware of all prerequisites for the courses you want to do.