Fic Recs: The “Bad Boy”
Fics where either Harry or Louis is the “bad boy”/punk/not typically ideal partner-like person. Idk. These are my faves:
1. Swim In The Smoke (whoknows) - Harry looks down at him, at the way the sun streams over his face and shoulders, at the way the gag stretches his mouth, lips pink and chapped. He’s lithe and pretty, smudged all over with dirt. They had found him tied up below deck, mostly unconscious, next to a barrel full of gold. He’s clearly a prisoner, but there’s something familiar about him, something that niggles at Harry’s brain. Something he can’t quite put his finger on.
2. These Constant Stars (stylinsoncity) - Louis’ career has nowhere to go but up. He’s living at the height of New York City on the precipice of an epic promotion. Life is good and only getting better. And then one day, things turn disastrous.
3. Balance (stylinsonsupporter) - Louis is a talented dancer, very dedicated to his art. Harry the mysterious skater boy at the park across from the studio. A bit of vandalism lands Harry with community service hours. The punishment fitting the crime, he must clean the dance studio until his hours are served. Louis’ world was perfectly in balance, but a certain curly haired rebel comes in to shake things up with his corrupting ways.
4. Baby Heaven’s In Your Eyes (theboyfriendstagram) - A sixth form!AU where Harry is the fucked up bad boy with too many problems, Louis is the perfect rich boy with too much money and their schools are right across from each other. They meet at a party and that’s the last (and maybe the only) thing they need.
5. In Dreams (dolce_piccante) - When Harry moves to a new city, his new flat come with a number of sweet, anonymous gifts and surprises that brighten his days. Could it be a friendly ghost? Another friendly presence in his new building is his tattooed neighbor, Louis, who seems determined to put a smile back on his face.
6. Give Me Truths (iwillpaintasongforlou) - Louis is a psychology student with a tattoo count as high as his genius IQ. Harry is in a (sort-of) relationship with a homophobic man and hates himself a little more every day. Things fall apart and Louis puts him back together.