you like knb? I just went through your knb tag and you seem to have drawn/even cosplayed for it ! wow! what are your ships? will you be drawing for the movie that came out ?
MAN, like is a very mild word for how big my KnB phase was, and it’s definitely one of those fandoms I always go back to, and MAN was the movie a slap to the face of nostalgia and wonderful memories ;A;. I didn’t produce much content for it back in the day, I didn’t have much time to draw in general back then, but I wanted to try again now that my art’s changed a bit and:
Something like that <3
Yep! I cosplayed a TON of characters from it. Originally I wanted to cosplay Kuroko or a member of GoM, but instead I ended up wanting to match my friends so I cosplayed Takao, Himuro, Momoi, Kagami, and Nijimura >.>;;;; I ended up much fonder of these characters as a result tho LOL
and MAN, SHIPS. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHA
If you thought my Yuuri poly shipping was bad…look at it this way, I mainly ship Yuuri with 4-5 husbands, and why not throw in the rest occasionally, the more the merrier right? This is around the number I tend to ship many of my fandom protags with (which is still a lot oops).
But KUROKO. Kuroko to me is the ultimate harem queen. To me, he has, minimum, EIGHT husbands. GoM + Kagami + Takao + Himuro. But I also ship him with a ton of other charas on the side like Kasamatsu, Nijimura, Hanamiya, Haizaki, Mayuzumi, Imayoshi, Miyaji…man the list is endless. I LEGITMATELY SHIP KUROKO WITH EVERYONE. (and Nash! my mother screams in the background…)
I started out with a strong bias for AoKuro that still remains on occasion, but reading a massive amount of pixiv fics started leaning me heavily towards Takao. So yeah, if I had to pick one, TakaKuro is my fav now. I also really like HiGuro (Himuro x Kuroko). But really, and most sincerely, THE MORE THE MERRIER.
KnB is also awesome bc it has so many wonderful Kuroko-centric combinations. I’m more partial to shipping certain characters when they’re in a set, and man the pixiv names for these are so great :’D. Fav combos include Light Sandwich (Aomine x Kuroko x Kagami), Aibou-gumi/partner squad (Takao, Himuro, Kasamatsu, occasionally Mayuzumi -> Kuroko), Rival sandwich (Takao x Kuroko x Kise), Demon King Sandwich (Akashi x Kuroko x Himuro), Hawk ‘n Dragon Sandwich (Takao x Kuroko x Himuro), Black-Hearted Sandwich (Hanamiya x Kuroko x Imayoshi), Captain Sandwich (Nijimura x Kuroko x Akashi), Highlighter Sandwich (Akashi x Kuroko x Midorima), Returnee Sandwich (Kagami x Kuroko x Himuro), of course all their respective schools, the combinations are endless…*dreamy sigh*
*COUGHS* ANYWAY. YEAH. KNB IS POLY SHIPPING HEAVEN.
(other than Kuroko-centric? I didn’t ship him with Seirin (other than Kagami) too much, tho I certainly don’t mind it, and I very lowkey shipped Kiyoshi + Riko + Hyuuga + Izuki as a poly 4some)
Will I be drawing for the new movie? Well it certainly brought all my feels tumbling back ^ ^; But at the same time I can’t really draw for more than one fandom at a time without getting distracted, and in general there is SO MUCH CONTENT I LOVE in KnB that going on Pixiv often satisfies me, unlike the frustration/craving for something that doesn’t exist I get with YOI ^ ^;; But at the same time, now that my art skills have improved a ton, I sorta want to draw one illustration that has all my fav Kuroko husbands just all crammed in…sighhhhh we’ll see ^ ^;;
oooooh look, another list of aus for your writing pleasure: [sorry if any of these have already been done!]
+ you’re the cute barista and i’m the indie artist who plays at your coffee shop. i’m totally doing it for the pay and not to stare at your face for three hours every week, what are you talking about. + i’m the librarian and you’re the person who, in an attempt to flirt, just asked me if we carry books here. + you discreetly come into my bookstore every day just to play with my cat that i let wander. you think i don’t notice, but i totally do. don’t worry; it’s freaking adorable. + you are the lead singer of a rock band, and i’m the fan who you just called up on stage to sing a song with you. wow, you are way hotter in person and now i just forgot every lyric of yours ever. + you’re the cute trainer at the gym and i just fell off my treadmill because i couldn’t stop staring at you. + we’re the only two people in this theater and i’m taking note of all the parts of the film that make you laugh so i can talk to you after. + you’re selling cookies for your sister’s girl scout troop and you’re so adorable and awkward while doing it that i buy fifteen boxes. + you just started telling me your life story on the bus without even giving me your name first, and wait did you just say that you’re involved in the mafia?! + you’re the tech guru on campus and i keep getting viruses on my computer just so i can come talk to you. + we’re rival vloggers who are forced to do a panel together at vidcon, but it’s hard to despise you when you’re that much cuter in person. + you’re an actor on my favorite tv show and i’m your biggest fan. needless to say that when i meet you for the first time, i get so excited that i accidentally punch you in the face. + you’re a pirate and you were unaware about your feelings for me until a siren took my image. + you’re my tutor but i keep getting distracted because you’re so pretty. + even though i’m about to be carted off to the er after my car accident, i’m still gonna try to flirt with you, the cute emt. + i’m an escort but not that type of escort. if you play your cards right though, i could be. + i own an esty shop and you’re the cute worker at the post office i keep running into.
Yesterday, the Arnold Arboretum. Today, a rocky beach near the JFK Library.
Found at the latter: oyster shells, lady slippers, periwinkles, a soggy filthy reusable Whole Foods bag into which we collected various litter, 3 kinds of crabs, 4 colors of sea glass, a great view of JFK library, and an overall good time.
1. Love the idea of scholarship being among the most honored things in Numenor. Peaceful isolated island specially crafted and gifted to them by the Valar, massive wealth and overabundance of natural resources, exactly 0 wars and negligible if any strife or hardship of any sort, no travel to speak of in the earlier days, and no real conflict-centered deeds to be done. But so much leisure and wealth and time to study all the things, imagine the libraries and the proto-universities, the loremasters and the scientists and the historians and the architects and the botanists and the mathematicians and the poets and the philosophers…and kids with long childhoods to indulge in it….
2. One of the most fascinating lines in the UT is what is transparently a wink-wink cop-out on Tolkien’s part to explain why there isn’t more Numenorean content: “when it became clear that the Land of
Gift was taken away and that Númenor had disappeaed for ever, all but a
few regarded study of what was left of its history as vain, breeding only
useless regret.” Lmao, the fuck guys. But this is just, fascinating? It’s so completely the opposite of elves, I love it, but it’s also such an intense reaction when compared to what happens in real life - because the situations that happen in Arda are not comparable to real life! - that the conformity and unbiquitousness of this idea/emotion is so compelling. The idea of grief and loss and dull horror sick enough to batten down willful amnesia and cringe away from even academic study and preservation reverberating down the generations so engrained in one’s cultural dna that the study of history lapses is…damn…
3. The components of all the great stories being rearranged with each successive era of history to thematically fit the Numenoreans’ evolving self-image and actions with regards to the rest of the world - not as a survival mechanism or source of inspiration, because they need none, but as a source of direction, momentum, and meaning. And I don’t mean like, lying or suppression or whitewashing or twisting or propaganda or anything intentional at all tbh (though later on there would be some of that too.) I mean, like, folklorically, migration and mutation of stories bouncing from one end of the island to the other, being passed to, and then back in telephone-like altered form from, the various diverging cultures. Just natural unforced alteration that would be totally blindingly obvious normalcy if it were taking place in any world but Arda, where there are immortals hanging around with a curve-breaking perspective.
4. One of the more godawful things I’ve run across in Tolkien linguistics research is that one of the possible translations of the name “Gimilzôr” - as in Ar-Gimilzôr, the absolute Worst™ of them all imo - is “Star-Foam.” As in, “Elros.” dsfhksfjjsdhg. Fuck. Like. Everything. Which inspires me in the direction of, I’m wondering…tbh while I could definitely see later King’s Men Numenorean propaganda blaming Elros for, like, selfishness/presumptuousness/whatever in thoughtlessly sticking all his descendants with his Doom and not caring that they didn’t get a choice; I wonder also about like, the suppressionist/revisionist option that would lead to this sort of ancestral naming if you go for that interpretation. Elros the victim of an injustice who nobly sacrificed his chance at immortality for the sake of his people because the Valar maliciously coerced him into it for [insert excuse here], but whose descendants have been denied their due long enough and ought to avenge him against the Valar for stealing the immortality that ought to have been his/theirs by right, or something….lmao
Summary: Just where in this hell hole were you going to find a model?
(( Notes: This sorry was inspired my friend’s personal encounter. Enjoy the perfection that is PCY ))
You pushed through the heavy doors of the large hall of bookcases, out-of-date computers, and empty desks, determined to find a goddamn model. Just half an hour earlier, your AP Studio Art teacher announced to the class that she wanted to “know our sketching abilities” before “jumping into anything too advanced” and kicked everyone out with a simple “find a (student) model and finish a sketch before class ends. Pretty spontaneous might you added, but what could you do honestly, other than to run around the entire campus to find your potential model.
The only problem here was: just where in this hell hole were you going to find a model?
you know what we should talk about? trans remus and non binary sirius. and them being in love :)
sirius started getting into makeup because it seemed the fastest way to piss off his parents
and, like, technically speaking? that’s not logical, because he still gets the brunt of it (it being the screech of his dear mum and the way the hex feels burning against his ribs) and (paraphrasing from james) stop trying to make it so you know why you’re getting the trauma, you fuck
in some ways (most ways) james is right, because it is A Thing; if he knows why they’re abusing him, why they’re punishing him, then it isn’t as bad. it’s just his behaviour, and he doesn’t deserve it, but. but-
and moony isn’t blind. sure one eye is a little messed up from a bad moon and sure he hasn’t got wormy’s ability to stop something wrong, but he knows sirius like he knows himself, and sirius is hurting
he notices the way sirius ducks his head after putting on eyeliner, smudging on lipstain, the way he closes off when someone comments on it, mouth twisted snide and cruel
he notices padfoot because for as long as he’s known him, pads has noticed him back
it starts small, from there. remus’s tell him the eyeliner suits him, will say “that colour looks good with your eyes” and makes sure pads can’t brush it off as a joke, sees the sincere curl of his lips, the everthere support in his eyes
and then sirius starts back
slow, at first, then faster, quicker, smile sharp and warm in the way only sirius black manages to do
“you’re the manliest bloke i know, rem”
“your voice is really hot” (said half-jokingly, slight panic in his jaw, the tenseness there til remus raises an eyebrow and says back “yours isnt bad either, black”)
and it’s easier, from then on
remus sees a black lipstick? passes it off to sirius in the dorm, grins at him and says “thought it’d fit your goth vibe” and sirius scoffs and holds back the way he sort of wants to cry
sirius comes across a voice-deepening spell when he’s nerding out over new hexes to use when james steals his socks? gives it to remus with the addition of “you dont have to, just thought it might help” because he’s seen the way remus gets shaky, sometimes, especially after a full moon, when his voice is just slightly higher
and it seems natural, one day, on the top of the astronomy tower after pulling a shitty prank with james and peter, for sirius to brush a kiss to the soft-roughness of the scar over remus’s cheekbone
seems more natural when remus catches his jaw and kisses him full and soft and says “don’t think lipstick’s my style” and sirius smirks at him and says “and i am?”
2. Book related merchandise
3. Cute bookmarks
4. Advanced Reading Copies
5. Barnes and Noble classics
6. More books
7. Shopping for books
8. Library sales
9. Another couple of books
10. Time to read all those books