Oh my god, in last night’s Bob’s Burgers, Bob takes Gene to a laser light rock show at the planetarium (super important to Bob, because it was his favorite when he was a teenager, and this is the last night before they’re closing the exhibit because it’s old and no one goes anymore, also it’s Bob’s birthday), and Gene has no idea what he’s in for, but he gets pumped for it anyway ‘cause Bob’s so excited about it, and finally they get in there and they’re watching it, and Gene has a sensory overload and kinda starts freaking out ‘cause he can’t handle it, so Bob takes him out and they sit in the car for a bit. Gene’s angry because Bob didn’t tell him it would be so loud and scary, so Bob offers to play the album for Gene at a normal volume, and Gene starts to enjoy it, so he reclines the seats, takes out the cigarette lighter, tells Gene to pretend it’s a laser, and starts drawing in the air, explaining the plot to him (it’s like a full on Pink Floyd or Rush-esque rock opera about a bunch of robot overlords telling rockers that they can’t play music anymore, and one Rebel rising against them). Gene gets really into it and decides he wants to see the finale of the laser show (which Bob regards as a life-changing experience), so they sneak back into the planetarium (there’s no re-entry allowed) with a few tricks that parallel the story from the album, and watch the climax of the show together (Bob fashions some earplugs for Gene out of a napkin). On the way home, Bob’s asking Gene how he liked it, and Gene says “I loved it!”, Bob asks him to speak louder ‘cause his ear’s are shot, and Gene yells, “I LOVED IT, DAD”. Bob yells back “I love you too, Gene”.
I FUCKING!!! CAN’T!!! DEAL!!!! WITH HOW GOOD THIS SHOW IS!!! I know i don’t talk about Bob’s Burgers a lot but this show is flawless and charming and gross and funny all at the same time, the characters are written like people with actual fears and anxieties, and unlike a lot of comparable shows, the comedy doesn’t come from the family being pitted against each other, it’s always the family against the world… I love it, I love it, it’s so pure and refreshing and still somehow manages to be funny without sacrificing it’s heart, and I fuckin’ love it, please watch Bob’s Burgers holy CRAP okay I’m done.
harry gets this bug tattoo and suddenly everyone’s an entomologist, it’s like when he got that anatomical heart and everyone was like “IT’S BACKWARDS AND THE AORTIC VALVE IS IN THE WRONG LINEAR LOCATION FOR THE CARDIAC VESTIBULE ETC” lmaooo
please remember that fiona, ex-slave, ex-grey warden, grand enchanter, leader of the mage rebellion, the legend who said ‘fuck the divine’, lover of king maric, friend of duncan, rival of wynne, mother of the king, and the only grey warden ever to be cured of the taint exists
Some fun Black Sails & Zach McGowan tidbits from MagicCon this weekend:
- Zach thinks that Toby Schmitz is the most like his character on the show in real life. He also mentioned Toby Stephens for the same quickly and Clara as the most dissimilar.
- During the scene where he was buried alive he was ACTUALLY buried alive under 4 feet of earth. He wondered for a moment if the crew actually forgot him down there. “So I guess being buried alive is one thing I have in common with Charles Vane”
- He LOVED filming 2x10.
- Zach used to be a chef. Used to be called ‘the chopper’ because he is great at chopping stuff. He loves ‘handling big pieces of meat and seeing what’s inside them’. His words. He also used to narrate nature documentaries, in particular about sharks. He knows shit about sharks.
- Apparently the cast & crew started making out with Ned Low’s cut off head whilst filming that ep.
- During autographs he told me he can’t draw for shit and we agreed that Vane would draw stick people comics of Vane stabbing Flint in the back.
Feel free to add your own writer - who you appreciate - to the list 💞 (If I’ve placed you in the wrong section please just message me and I’ll fix it 😅) I’m gonna try and do these every couple of month, so you can see who I’m interesting in and to make the writers know they’re loved.
I hope you all have had a great day 💞
P.s Most (if not all) of these writers are super friendly & easy to talk to! Don’t be Afraid to talk to them 💞💞