Okay but can we just sit down and talk about all that Lin-Manuel Miranda has done at his age? He has:
- written not just one but TWO Broadway musicals(which is a feat in its own)
- came so close to getting a PEGOT this year(which I know he’s gonna get real soon. The Oscars deserve him, not the other way around.)
- composed and wrote a song for a Disney movie that has a plot commendable in its own, which, by the way, completely deserved to win said Oscar
- Is starring in the next Mary Poppins, which is a Disney movie, so now he is not only living out his lifelong dream two times over BUT is getting to star in it
- Penned music for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. If you can get Star Wars nerds to like something, you know it’s good.
- He is a really hecking good multi tasker. Even though he was in college, he was still starring in a musical that he created, and then flash forward a couple years or so and he is doing tv shows and all sorts of mania while writing a musical, then flash forward another couple of years or so and he’s starring in the freaking thing, which is still taking the world by storm now
- He rejuvenated the younger population’s love for theatre. The arts were at a slow decline, then he shoved Hamilton in our faces and lo behold, a new wave of theatre nerds began to walk the earth
- He gives a voice for those who were quickly losing it or didn’t really have it to begin with. With In the Heights, he showed everyone that the stereotypes associated with his culture were the complete opposite, and showcased Washington Heights in a way that nobody else would have ever been able to. In Hamilton, he took the whole “I only know this guy because he’s on the ten dollar bill and I think he was the president once???” thing and blew it out of the freaking water. If you would’ve asked people in early 2015 who he was, you’d get about what’d you expect, but ask literally anyone you see now and chances are they’ll know who he is (whether it be because they like the musical or hate it because everyone they know likes it, it still has the same effect)
- He! Has! Inspired! So many people!!!!!!!! Whether it be because of a Disney movie, or a play, or his commitment to what he does, or literally anything I haven’t listed (I left out a lot, this man has essentially done anything and everything), when it all comes down to it, he is so freaking inspiring and talented! I can’t even begin to list the number of people I know that he has had an impact on, and I know there are tens of thousands of people out there who view him the same way.
- So yeah, he’s done all of this and more, and is only 37. But thirty seven is kinda old, you may ask? Get back with me when you reach that age with a list of your achievements and let’s see who amounts to more.
My life changed over
thanksgiving weekend, and I am talking to you right now from my terrace where I
am watching our new puppy. (x)
This (Lin’s last) sad sad conversation was filmed the week Tobillo decided to adopt Lin and Vanessa!
This is absolutely adorable, I love seeing Lin with Tobi and talking about Vanessa *heart eyes*. (I know I’m trash. Shh!!!)