Finally finished my design for my all time low last young renegade jacket!! I incorporated pieces of each of the guys jackets and I’m really happy with how it came out! I can’t wait to show them the final result 😁
After all this time writing music, playing in a band- checking moment after moment off the bucket list- collecting mistakes, making memories, I wondered what it might be like to write about myself if I wasn’t the one standing in my shoes. Who am I from the other side of the mirror?
I tried to change perspective in my approach to writing and center in on all of the different versions of me that other people might have met over the years, through the ups and the downs, in the public eye and behind closed doors. Would I like this person? Do I like this person? Do I even recognize this person anymore?
I realized that there’s a lot more to me than I’m usually ready to acknowledge, both good and bad. In that realization, I noticed a common thread. We are who we are, even when we try our hardest not to be.
It’s a challenge to accept it sometimes. I gave those other sides of me a persona, and a name– then came the stories like a flood. It was a way for me to confront demons without having to sit at the dinner table with them.
That’s the journey on this record: a story of self-realization. Of growing into your own skin through the eyes of someone watching it all unfold on the big screen, wearing a ‘Frankie Says Relax’ t-shirt. Like watching an old familiar movie, but suddenly you’re Marty McFly.
We tried a lot of new things on this album, all within the context of what we love so much about All Time Low– There’s no denying that we were binge watching Stranger Things at the time, while also reflecting on the loss of some of our favorite musicians; Prince, Bowie, George Michael… I think the influence comes through in the best ways. We all felt pulled to exciting and different places as we searched for inspiration, approaching something that’s become so familiar to us from a new direction.
I truly hope everyone listening enjoys this record as much as I do. It’s been an amazing journey.
The album comes out June 2nd and will be available for pre-order on Friday, Feb 24th. We’ll also be posting some pre-order merch bundles, so stay tuned. Pre-order options will be up on alltimelow.com.
- the way Alex says “scream to be heard” and “i’m sorry, i’m sorry” in Lullabies.
- songs off of The Party Scene before the were edited to go on to Put Up Or Shut Up
- the guitar riff at the beginning of Running From Lions (Put Up Or Shut Up version)
- “I think some dude just grabbed my junk” in I Feel Like Dancing
- high pitched singing in the last verse of Jasey Rae
- Remembering Sunday in general.
- Vic’s parts in A Love Like War
- Patrick Stump wrote Outlines
- Jack trying to do hair flips in music videos.
- Jack in the I Feel Like Dancing music video
- the leg thing
- Zack being interviewed
- Rian and Cassadee
- Rian’s perfectly white teeth (like ????)
- “caught up in the moment, but not in the right way” from Poppin’ Champagne
- “preaching down to the sinners” in Heroes
- Straight To DVD
- the Something’s Gotta Give music video
- the picture of Zack in the atl booty shorts
- Jack’s Jack Skellington tattoo
- The fact that all the boys have their “signature skull” tattooed on them somewhere