Hi! I was wondering if you could recommend any good books about the sultanas of the Ottoman Empire, in particular the influential ones? I've read the Leslie Peirce book, but haven't really come across any others. I noticed you post a lot of Magnificent Century stuff, so I thought I'd ask you.
hi! unfortunately i haven’t read each of these books so i can’t tell you if they’re any good
- Harem: The World Behind the Veil - Alev Lytle Croutier (DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING SHE SAYS ABOUT KOSEM, NURBANU AND HURREM)
- The Private World of Ottoman Women - Godfrey Goodwin
- Roxolana In European Literature, History And Culture - Galina I. Yermolenko
- Rethinking Orientalism: Women, Travel, and the Ottoman Harem - Reina Lewis
- Women in the Ottoman Empire: Middle Eastern Women in the Early Modern Era (Ottoman Empire and Its Heritage: Politics, Society and Economy) - Madeline C. Zilfi
The Ottoman Lady: A Social History from 1718 to 1918 - Fanny Davis