- Left Texas. Pit stop in New Orleans. First stop: Cafe Du Monde. Amazing.
- Then Bourbon Street. Overwhelming for the first 15 minutes or so; A LOT going on. I tried a Hurricane for the first time ever. So.Much. Rum.
- Saw a Jazz Band, some street performers, lots of folks hustling tourists.
- Ate Boudin Balls and Gumbo. Ended with a Muffaleta. Oso and I will definitely go back when we have more time.
- Got to GA at 4:30 am. Crashed at Oso’s madre’s.
- Onward to the Coast.
- Low country Boil with part of the fam (the other part was en route). A few ciders and some swimming.
- More drinks as folks arrived. Another late night that was absolutely worth it.
- Dirty Thirty/ Father’s Day party. Swimming. Pulled Pork Sandwiches. Hard seltzer.
- I put together my wedding party (I have one person left to ask).
- During Father’s Day lunch on Sunday, we found out that my grandmother in MA passed away. We knew she was sick, but that doesn’t make it any easier. If you find a spare moment, please send some positive thoughts this way, especially to my poor mom. Alex and I will be accompanying her and my dad up to Massachusetts to say goodbye.
- I also found out my card info had been stolen at some point so I had to freeze my debit card and dispute charges.
- Yesterday was my birthday. I tried to enjoy the milestone, though all I could think about was finding funeral clothes (I didn’t even think to pack anything modest and black for a GA summer) and travel logistics, as well as dealing with aforementioned card theft. @alainazubrowski and @themidwestpeach definitely brought some sunshine for me though.
- I also got in a birthday run on the bridge. Early morning, so I caught the sunrise. Lots of sweat, lots of thinking, a nice way to start 30.
- Today I got to the gym. Checked my weight, definitely let good times and emotional eating get me; must keep that in check as much as possible this week. Weight loss program on the elliptical. 10 minute program on the treadmill. Definitely did work, as evident by my verrry sweaty face.
- I leave for the North tomorrow. I hope I can keep it together for my mom, and I hope I can find some way to work out (it absolutely helps with stress). I know our hotel doesn’t have a gym, so maybe there will be an Anytime nearby.