al tirmidhi

The Prophet said: The believer who mixes with people and patiently  bears their annoyance will have a greater reward than the believer who  does not mix with people and patiently bear their annoyance.
—  Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 2035
The Messenger of Allah (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) said: “The best remembrance (dhikr) is: ‘There is none worthy of worship except Allah (La ilaha Illallah)’ and the best supplication (dua) is: 'All praise is due to Allah (Al-Hamdulillah).
—  Jami’ at-Tirmidhi, Chapters on Supplication
Book 48, Hadith 14
🌴Palm trees in Jannah🌴

It was narrated from Jabir رضي الله عنه that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ said:

“Whoever says Subhan Allah il ‘azeem wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praise be to Allah, the Almighty), a palm tree will be planted for him in Paradise.”

(al-Tirmidhi)

Dua of Witr

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say at the end of Witr:

“Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bi ridaaka min sakhatika wa bi mu’aafaatika min ‘uqoobatika wa a’oodhu bika minka, la uhsi thana’an ‘alayka anta kama athnayta ‘ala nafsika

O Allah, I seek refuge in Your pleasure from Your wrath and in Your forgiveness from Your punishment. I cannot praise You enough; You are as You have praised Yourself.”

— (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1727; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Irwa’, 430; Saheeh Abi Dawood, 1282).

JAMI’ at-TIRMIDHI: The Book on Salat (Prayer): Hadith 265

Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri narrated that : Allah’s Messenger said: “A mount is not saddled (for a journey) except t three Masajid: Al-Masjid Al-Haram, this Masjid of mine, and Masjid Al-Aqsa.”

JAMI’ at-TIRMIDHI: The Book on Salat (Prayer): Hadith 178/304

An attempt at establishing a good habit

We all may have heard of the following hadith, 

“ Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:  Whoever prays Fajr in congregation then sits remembering Allaah until the sun rises, then prays two rak’ahs, will have a reward like that of Hajj and ‘Umrah, complete, complete, complete. - Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (586).”

Even though there is a difference of opinion in regards to the soundness of the hadith, a number of scholars have classes is as hasan li ghayrihi. 

  Another hadith that is more vividly known and acted upon by the majority of us is the following,  

“ It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on the day of Jumu’ah, a light will shine for him from beneath his feet to the clouds of the sky, which will shine for him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will be forgiven (his sins) between the two Fridays.”

Pondering upon these two, i realized that a great habit could be formed in order to follow these two religiously. I will start to the following from now on In Sha Allah. 

  • Wake up early and pray Tahajjud (the night prayer), every Friday (And other days too In Sha Allah).

  • Wait for Fajr and make dua during that time (Allah descends to the lowest heaven during the last third of the night, why miss the opportunity for dua?)

  • Pray the sunnah of Fajr at home and then head out to the masjed. [Note: Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The two rak'ahs of Fajr are better than this world and everything in it.” (Narrated by Muslim, 725. ) AND the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also said: “Perform some of your prayers in your houses and do not make them graves.”(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 422; Muslim, 777)]

  • After having prayed Fajr, sit in my place and finish the morning adhkar and then recite Surah Kahf  (And read translation in order to understand) - Quran or phone app. ( Note: There is a difference of opinion in regards to whether the hadith implies to stay in the same place or be able to move about in  the masjed. I personally would like to stay on the safe side and try to be near a pillar or a wall so i can lean against it and not be tired. And keep a Quran close by before hand or have my phone “on silent” with me.)

 Surah Kahf doesn’t take too long, i take roughly 45 minutes to recite and read translation, that is approximately enough time until you can pray the shurooq (sunrise) prayer. So by the you finish reciting Al Kahf and praying 2 rakahs (units) of sunrise prayer, you would have acted upon two hadiths and that too on a Friday. I fully intend to comply by this In Sha Allah, a great way to attain a reward. (Note: Allah loves the acts that we are consistent in and  that is why making a habit out of our acts of worship is very important). 

May Allah make us of those who earn HIS pleasure and mercy through adhering to good deeds and refraining from the bad deeds and may HE enable us to perform more and more good deeds in accordance with the Quran and Sunnah, Ameen.

Indeed! Du’aa’ is very important. It can change the Divine decree and relieve distress. It is beneficial with regard to what has been decreed and what has not been decreed. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Nothing can change the Divine decree except du’aa’. (Narrated by Ahmad, 5/677; Ibn Maajah, 90; al-Tirmidhi, 139. Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 76687. See also al-Saheehah, 145)

Allah’s Messenger ﷺ said that the Shaitaan said, “By Thy Might, my Lord, I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies!” The Lord, Who is Great and Glorious, replied, “By My Might, Glory and Exalted Station, I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask My forgiveness!”
—  Al-Tirmidhi - Hadith 2339 - Narrated by Abu Sa'id

Some things to do when you have your menstruation in Ramadan ♥

1) Cook Iftâr!

When you cook Iftâr and feed someone else when they were fasting, you get the reward of his/her fasting.

Hadith:
Zayd ibn Khaalid al-Juhani (r.a.) who said:
The Messenger of Allah (p.b.u.h.) said:
“Whoever gives iftaar to one who is fasting will have a reward like his, without that detracting from the fasting person’s reward in the slightest.”
(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 807; Ibn Maajah, 1746; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani inSaheeh al-Tirmidhi, 647.)

Perhaps you are not fasting, but you can still reap the rewards of your family and friend’s fast in shaa Allah, without them loosing any reward, Alhamdulilah ♥

2) Increase in charity

Remember sisters, even a smile is charity. Help around the house, especially when your family (etc.) are too tired and hungry to do anything.
If one of your elders are fasting and cooking Iftâr, tell them to relax and that you will complete it. There is alot of Barakah in that!

3) Increase in Dhikr

Having your menstruation does not mean you can’t practice Dhikr. Whenever you see you’re not doing anything, or you family is praying, it is the perfect opportunity to do some Dhikr.

4) Watch Islamic lectures and/or read Islamic novels

Basically increase your knowledge of Islam through various mediums, just make sure those mediums are giving correct information in shaa Allah!

5) Do more good deeds

Feed some birds, clear a path, wash the dishes, be good to your parents, etc.

6) Spread true Islamic knowledge

Start a blog or share some of your self-made pictures (etc.) on social networks. Sharing knowledge in Islam has alot of Barakah.
(Sisters, if you are going to pursue this please make sure that the information you post is 100% correct, and also that you do not mix the media with any haram content (such as foul language or anything not Islamic or without good manners) in shaa Allah.

♥ Sisters, do you do anything special during Ramadan when you have menstruation, to increase reward? Submit your story with your blog name (optional) on Islam For Girls, and I will share the beneficial information on Islam For Girls in shaa Allah . It is a great way to receive Barakah and motivate many sisters, in shaa Allah ♥

“ I love you for the sake of Allah ”

It was narrated that al-Miqdaam ibn Ma’di Yakrib (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“If one of you loves his brother, let him tell him.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2392) and classed as hasan by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah (417). 

Menstruation in Ramadan?

Some things to do when you have your menstruation in Ramadan ♥

1) Cook Iftâr!
When you cook Iftâr and feed someone else when they were fasting, you get the reward of his/her fasting.

Hadith:
Zayd ibn Khaalid al-Juhani (r.a.) who said:
The Messenger of Allah (p.b.u.h.) said:
“Whoever gives iftaar to one who is fasting will have a reward like his, without that detracting from the fasting person’s reward in the slightest.”
(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 807; Ibn Maajah, 1746; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani inSaheeh al-Tirmidhi, 647.)

Perhaps you are not fasting, but you can still reap the rewards of your family and friend’s fast in shaa Allah, without them loosing any reward, Alhamdulilah ♥

2) Increase in charity
Remember sisters, even a smile is charity. Help around the house, especially when your family (etc.) are too tired and hungry to do anything.
If one of your elders are fasting and cooking Iftâr, tell them to relax and that you will complete it. There is alot of Barakah in that!

3) Increase in Dhikr
Having your menstruation does not mean you can’t practice Dhikr. Whenever you see you’re not doing anything, or you family is praying, it is the perfect opportunity to do some Dhikr.

4) Watch Islamic lectures and/or read Islamic novels
Basically increase your knowledge of Islam through various mediums, just make sure those mediums are giving correct information in shaa Allah!

5) Do more good deeds
Feed some birds, clear a path, wash the dishes, be good to your parents, etc.

6) Spread true Islamic knowledge
Start a blog or share some of your self-made pictures (etc.) on social networks. Sharing knowledge in Islam has alot of Barakah.
(Sisters, if you are going to pursue this please make sure that the information you post is 100% correct, and also that you do not mix the media with any haram content (such as foul language or anything not Islamic or without good manners) in shaa Allah.

♥ Sisters, do you do anything special during Ramadan when you have menstruation, to increase reward? Submit your story with your blog name (optional) on Islam For Girls, and I will share the beneficial information on Islam For Girls in shaa Allah . It is a great way to receive Barakah and motivate many sisters, in shaa Allah ♥

It is well known that if a believer spends an hour reading Qur’an, thousands of hasanaat will be recorded for him, because the Prophet (ﷺ) said:

مَنْ قَرَأَ حَرْفًا مِنْ كِتَابِ اللَّهِ فَلَهُ بِهِ حَسَنَةٌ ، وَالْحَسَنَةُ بِعَشْرِ أَمْثَالِهَا ، لا أَقُولُ الم حَرْفٌ ، وَلَكِنْ أَلِفٌ حَرْفٌ ، وَلامٌ حَرْفٌ ، وَمِيمٌ حَرْفٌ

 

“Whoever reads one letter of the Book of Allaah will have one hasanah for that, and a hasanah brings a tenfold reward. I do not say that alif-laam-meem is a letter, rather alif is a letter, laam is a letter, meem is a letter.”

 

[Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2910; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.]

Thus the Prophet (pbuh) explained that this salaam spreads love and brotherhood. Muslim , Ahmad, and al-Tirmidhi narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“You will not enter Paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I not tell you about something which, if you do it, you will love one another? Spread salaam amongst yourselves.”

A righteous wife will be with her righteous husband for many years

Ibn Taymiyah said:

“A righteous wife will be with her righteous husband for many years, and she is the one who is meant in the hadeeth in which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “This world is temporary conveniences and the best of its comforts is a believing wife, who when you look at her she pleases you and if you tell her to do something she obeys you, and if you are away from her she protects you with regard to herself and your wealth.”

This is what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoined when the Muhaajiroon asked him which kind of wealth they should acquire, and he said: “Let one of you acquire a tongue that remembers Allaah, a thankful heart, and a believing wife who will help him with regard to the Hereafter.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi from Saalim ibn Abi’l-Ja’d, from Thawbaan.

She may offer the love and compassion that Allaah speaks of in His Book, and the pain of separation may be harder for her than death in some cases, and harder than losing wealth or leaving one’s homeland, especially if one of them is fond of the other or they have children together who will be harmed by separation.”

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (35/299)

Righteous wife

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah  said:  

A righteous wife will be with her righteous husband for many years, and she is the one who is meant in the hadeeth in which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “This world is temporary conveniences and the best of its comforts is a believing wife, who when you look at her she pleases you and if you tell her to do something she obeys you, and if you are away from her she protects you with regard to  herself and your wealth.”

This is what the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoined when the Muhaajiroon asked him which kind of wealth they should acquire, and he said: “Let one of you acquire a tongue that remembers Allaah, a thankful heart, and a believing wife who will help him with regard to the Hereafter.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi from Saalim ibn Abi’l-Ja’d, from Thawbaan.

She may offer the love and compassion that Allaah speaks of in His Book, and the pain of separation may be harder for her than death in some cases, and harder than losing wealth or leaving one’s homeland, especially if one of them is fond of the other or they have children together who will be harmed by separation.  

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (35/299).