i’m…dying… @aki_the_geek on twitter was live translating ep 12 overview and kubo’s interview for this month’s spoon.2di magazine and several IMPORTANT things have been said:
- it’s confirmed yuuri is in st.petersburg and practices around yurio and yakov with victor still as his coach.
- victor knows fully how difficult coaching and returning to competitive skating is going to be
- kubo said she made sure to include many moments before the kiss in episode 7 before STRIKING when emotions were high. she also said this was her most memorable moment that was animated and was surprised she was getting so much response from international fans on twitter afterwards.
- she also commented she found it funny overseas fans needed a confirmation that it was a kiss but japanese fans didn’t need any (HAH!!)
- she said in regards to ep 12 yuuri and victor can’t live without each other or think about seperation so both had to revise their initial plans in the end.
- for victor, yuuri was someone that needed him in a new, fresh way and he’s incredibly happy about their bond. he thought yuuri needed his presence too so being told to “end it” shocked him. (regards to ep 12)
- after victor became his coach, a new emotion was born in yuuri - the need to show someone else’s existence through his skating
- yuuri wanted victor to stay as his coach but didn’t want to hold him back anymore that’s why he decided to end it back then
- in regards to yurio, she said that it seems like couples keep popping up around him. yakov and lilia even seem to be getting back together -not saying that they WILL. then there’s the way yuuri and victor act, and then mila is starting to get into otabek, please don’t forget about yurio everyone!
- they (yamamoto and kubo) decided on yuri not winning gold from the beginning.
they wanted to include the pair skate from the beginning
- as of this interview a sequel isn’t confirmed but she really wants to do it. tbh it’s probably going to happen 95% sure even the jp fandom knows this. they encourage good sales for BD/DVD to make it happen!
i only compiled victor/yuuri parts of the interview and although i tried to be as accurate with my words as possible, please head over to @aki_the_geek on twitter to read the original translations and more in detail, about other characters too! and don’t forget to thank them for sharing ^^
the interview is from January’s spoon.2di issue. buy it if you want to read for yourself!