As a companion piece to my previous diagram, here is the Imperial Senate at the time of its dissolution in 0 BBY/ABY.
- Galactic Integralist Party (1136 seats): After the formation of the Empire, the reactionary elements of the Expansion and Republican Parties, as well as the Core Alliance, took control of and merged the three parties, forming the Galactic Integralist Party. Senators from the Liberal and Corporate Parties soon defected to the new political alliance as well, sensing the opportunity for favorable treatment in the New Order. Also commonly called the Imperialist Party, the GIP is far-right and fervently pro-Empire, promoting expansion of the Empire’s borders and consolidation of the Emperor’s powers. Elections in sectors controlled by the GIP are more often than not marred by voter suppression and electoral fraud, giving the party a permanent majority. Without any true legislative power, the GIP’s constant majority in the Senate serves to present an image of popular support for Emperor Palpatine’s policies, an image fewer and fewer believe every day. The GIP is led in the Senate by Orn Free Taa, formerly of the Liberal Party.
- Progressive Party (892 seats): After the rise of the Empire, as the Liberal Party fell apart due to opportunistic Senators defecting to the GIP, the Progressive Party founded by Padme Amidala and Bail Organa began to grow into a large and robust organization as the horrors of the Empire became apparent. Energized by a rebellious spirit, Progressive Senators are known for their fiery proclamations of dissent in the Senate chambers themselves, and despite the party’s inability to actually stop any of Palpatine’s policies, the citizens of Progressive sectors view it as the last hope for a peaceful restoration of the Republic. Palpatine views the Progressive Party as a useful tool, channeling public anger and frustration at his rule into a toothless and powerless outlet, rather into militant rebel cells which pose an actual threat. Many Progressive Senators also secretly serve as the civilian government of the Rebel Alliance. The Progressive Party is jointly led by Mon Mothma and Leia Organa.
- Constitutionalist Party (51 seats): Officially a part of the opposition coalition, the Constitutionalist Party’s decline continued under the Empire, and at the time of the Imperial Senate’s dissolution it has reached its nadir in terms of representation in the Senate. The Constitutionalist Party’s continued presence in the Senate is due mostly to strong support from the Empire’s autonomous regions, such as Bothan and Herglic space. The Constitutionalist Party is led by Polo Se’lab of Bothawui.
Other Opposition Parties
- Liberal Party (30 seats): The Liberal Party continues to exist as a remnant of its former self. With its centrist, progressive, and conservative wings all splitting from the party, the Liberals have only limped along on the strength of their social liberal wing. The Liberals are opposed to the Empire, but condemn violent rebellion, deluding themselves into believing in the possibility of convincing Palpatine to restore the Republic peacefully. In fact, the greatest amount of resistance to the Empire that the Liberals have put up is a proposal to change the party’s name to the Liberal Democratic Party, to demonstrate its commitment to democracy. The proposal was ultimately voted down. The Liberal Party is led by Pooja Naberrie of Naboo.
- Anti-Jedi Party (12 seats): The reactionary Anti-Jedi Party briefly enjoyed a surge of support in the wake of the supposed coup attempt by the Jedi against Palpatine, but as the Jedi Purge progressed and the GIP arose as a larger reactionary party with greater official support, the AJP lost much of its purpose. The AJP found new life in opposition to the Empire, thanks to a rumor begun by former AJP Senator Chelo that Emperor Palpatine was, in fact, a secret Jedi. The party’s continuing hardline conservatism, however, has failed to win it much support. The AJP is led by James Ortell Donovan of Mindabaal.
- Reform Party (6 seats): Although he was a founding member of the Progressive Party, Senator Garm Bel Iblis realized that concentrating all of Emperor Palpatine’s political opponents into one party was a dangerous proposition, and left the Progressives to join the Reform Party, even as many Reformers were defecting to the Progressives. The Reform Party soon reunited with its Radical offshoot, and the current Reform Party offers a louder, more aggressive, and more radical vision of resistance and rebellion than the Progressives, partially an attempt by Bel Iblis to distract Palpatine’s attention from Progressive leaders who pose more of a threat. The Reform Party is led by Garm Bel Iblis of Corellia.
Crash course Is an excellent way to prepare for your paper 3 examine, plus a helpful reminded.
IB will cover anything from technology advances from World War 1 to World War 2. With this being said, for example during WW1 it was considered more of a trench warfare unlike during WW2 air crafts and other forms of methods of travel became more available.
Know the difference between Single Party States and Multi Party States
Understanding the difference between foreign intervention, two great Civil Wars that demonstrate this the most is the Chinese Civil War or the Spanish Civil War
During WW1 the Soviet Union (Russia) was not heavily involved unlike during WW2
Gather Historian views such as AJP Taylor who wrote the Origins of the Second World War, even just one historian will show you understand the topics
Gather old IB examines and choose several questions from each topic to work out and gather more information
Choose something you’re passionate about, when I took my examine I studied China a lot so I could write about Mao Zedong’s rise to power, the Chinese Culture Revolution, or even the the Great Four Leap Forward
When Talking about Multi Party or Single Party states, look up how each one for example Germany Vs China treated women, education, etc
Be able to tie in anything including how the person who was head of the state lived, for example Mao grew up on a farm or Juan Peron married Evita who helped bring in social reforms and women’s rights which guaranteed him his presidency.
All Japan’s current President Nobuo Shiraishi gets his first taste of a deathmatch when he charges after Great Nita (Atsushi Onita) and shoves him into the electrically charged barbed-wire board. [ZERO1 Yokohama Ohanabi 8/31/2013]