Chinese singer and actor Luhan has chart-topping albums and hit movies—his latest, Time Raiders, a
fantasy drama, was a box office smash—to his name, but it is his
adventurous taste in clothes that has people talking. A fan of
distinctive looks that manage to tread the line between fashion-forward
and approachable, Luhan balances his wardrobe by keeping an eye toward
His stable of bomber jackets, limited-edition sneakers, and the occasional tuxedo is well worth watching, especially on Instagram, where those pieces are styled with aplomb, and then shared with millions of followers. The fresh-faced performer inspires
adoration among teens, but his skillful interpretation of menswear has a
universal appeal. Here, six reasons why his Instagram account is well
worth a follow.
1. His sneaker game is next level.
Like many male pop stars, Luhan has an affinity for sneakers—the more
hard to find, the better; Yeezys, Riccardo Tisci Nikes, and retro Air
Jordans all make appearances in his feed.
2. He’s not afraid to wear color head to toe. Though he’s currently back to his natural hair color, Luhan
frequently experiments with brighter hues, and has gone platinum blond
and dabbled with silver and orange dye jobs in the past.
3. He’s a master of composition. More than simply showing off his latest fashion acquisitions,
Luhan is a master of composition, and knows how to create an
editorial-worthy shot with little more than an iPhone.
4. His watch collection is thoroughly dream-worthy. With pieces from Rolex, Audemars Piguet, and Richard Mille in his
collection, Luhan is following in the footsteps of high-profile watch
enthusiasts like Jay Z.
5. He knows that quality is more important than quality.
Unlike the outfit-of-the-day crowd, Luhan only updates when his look is
truly worth documenting. Showing off streetwear brands such as FourTwoFour on Fairfax,
Off-White, and Fear of God when the mood takes him, he keeps things
interesting while posting selfies relatively infrequently.
6. And yes, it doesn’t hurt that he’s also handsome. Be it a Saint Laurent tuxedo or a simple T-shirt and jeans, Luhan never fails to bring charm and good looks to each outfit.