• First kiss, the wedding kiss: It was Alec choosing himself. It was his way of saying that he’s gay, that he won’t pretend to be something else anymore and that he’s choosing his happiness over rules, over traditions. To me it was also about Alec choosing Magnus to be the person beside him trough all that was coming along with that choice.
• Second kiss, the sleeping beauty kiss: It wasn’t really a full kiss because it was only Magnus kissing Alec while he was basically dying. But that doesn’t mean that it wasn’t a somewhat important kiss as well. As I said before, Alec was dying, Magnus was desperate, he didn’t know what to do anymore. So that was the last thing he tried. It wasn’t a necessary kiss, but it was a meaningful one. It had a motive. It wasn’t just a random kiss. He thought that it might wake him up. But that only works on fairy tales, apparently.
• Third kiss, the first date kiss: an important one. It was their first date and it was about Alec making a choice, again. This time, Alec was seeing how much him and Magnus are different, how things are somehow complicated but he’s not giving up. He wants to stay, he wants to try. & that kiss tell us that. That kiss was extremely meaningful and important because he had a choice and he chose Magnus. He chose them. Together. If you pay attention to that moment, to that kiss, you’ll see that that was the final step for them to consider themselves officially in a relationship. (relationships take effort / I’m all for effort.)
• Fourth kiss, the random kiss: their first random kiss. Yay!? They are comfortable with each other, kissing just because they want to. Just a couple showing affection, showing how much they care and want each other. (ps: that kiss lasted 5 seconds. & I’m pretty sure Magnus/Harry was dead cause he wasn’t moving at all. Not even his lips.) C’mon guys, really?! You can do better than that.
• Fifth kiss, the road to the next step: and we’re back again with the kiss with a motive, with a meaning. That one was Alecliterally showing Magnus how much he wants him. Telling him that he wants to take things to the next level. (the sex step.) Let’s remind everyone that Alec was a virgin at that moment, so that kiss tells us a lot. I don’t have many words to tell you how much that kiss and that moment were important but you know that already so let’s move forward.
• Sixth kiss, the next step kiss: It’s a little after the fifth kiss so it’s basically the same thing. It’s a extremely important kiss (again) because it’s Alec choosing to lose his virginity. And Magnus choosing to not be afraid to take a chance, to be vulnerable after closing himself up in every way possible for so long. That was the final kiss stating that they are about to go to the next step.
• Seventh kiss, the please don’t go kiss: we saw that kiss in the promo for the mid-season finale. That kiss is …again… an important kiss. You can see the fear in their faces. You know it’s probably a goodbye or a I hope I see you soon kiss. They are at war now, everything is a mess, they don’t have a clue about what’s about to happen. Magnus is in danger and Alec needs to fight. It’s an urgent kiss, a more than meaningful kiss. I presume. To know more, we have to wait. II. So you’re basically asking yourself, where the hell are you getting at? Let me explain why I wrote this analysis.
Couples tend to kiss each other all the time. All the damn time. Yet, with Malec, we only get kisses when it’s an important one. When it means something, when it’s convenient. & that’s not realistic. That’s on the writers, yes, but it’s on us too. We get way too excited with every little detail about Malec. We can’t help ourselves, we love these fools. I get it. I know I don’t speak only for myself when I say that every week my hopes are so high that they fly through the window. & okay, sometimes we have good scenes, like tonight they were talking about depression and being suicidal and that’s really important. I’m so glad that they talked about that. I have depression, a lot of us have. So, to see that being acknowledged on the show was incredible.
But that’s not why I’m here. I’m here because of the details. They only kiss when it’s an important kiss. They don’t hold hands. They don’t show much physical affection even though they just had their first time together. I don’t want just a LGBT couple out there. I want a real, well represented LGBT couple and they were doing such a good job, they still are, but it can be more realistic. It can get better. & I can easily think about a few scenes that they could’ve kissed or could’ve been more physically intimate and it would make sense. It wouldn’t been for a reason, it would be just because they love each other and they want to be with each other.
When Alec asked Magnus to throw a party for his little brother, instead of that pat on Alec’s chest, (again, what the hell was that, mr. bane?) he could have kissed him. Tonight’s scene when they were talking about important stuff, it would make sense for them to hold hands or to hug each other. Or even a little kiss. If you compare the intimacy between Clary and Simon / Clary and Jace (before the family thing, obvs) / Jace and the Seelie / Izzy and Meliorn (and so many more) with Magnus and Alec you’ll know what I’m talking about. & Climon just started dating like 2 days ago. Let that sink in. They make a huge deal about Malec kissing each other and we do the same thing. This has to stop because it’s not a big deal, it’s normal. They’re a couple, they are sexually active. It doesn’t make sense. We reached a point where we need to say: stop making such a big deal about every single Malec kiss. They are together now, they’re dating. Physical intimacy it’s normal.
So here it is, folks. I don’t know if I’m alone in this, I think/hope not but I just needed to say this. We still have more episodes to come and things are good but I believe it can be great. I am a little sad and disappointed about some things on this show but I’m not complaining, I just think it can get better and more realistic. Constructive criticism they say.
AROHA’s official colors have been announced! The colors range from Vivid Plum (R143 G5 B149, #8f0595) to Space Violet (R75 G0 B129, #510082).
This is the appearance of AROHA that makes the star ASTRO twinkle shine brighter.
ASTRO shine in the sky painted by AROHA with Vivid Plum and Space Violet.
As stars always twinkle in the night sky, ASTRO and AROHA are always together.
Finally picked up the courage to write you :D I know you must hear this a lot, but can I please just express how much I ADORE your humanized KOBB?! They both look absolutely stunning, and the way you portray them together makes me all kinds of happy and excited! :D Just came home from a ski trip, and it kinda made me wonder how Bee and Knockout would handle going skiing for the first time, do you think one would be better at it than the other?
Hello there! It always makes my day to hear someone likes my humanformers, especially KOBB they’re such darlings and i love drawing em, so it’s nice to hear someone else likes them too! And for the skiing, I think KO would be better in winter sports overall. Usually it would be Bee, the sports one but i think he hasn’t really spent any time around snow so i think he wouldn’t be the biggest fan of winter activities.
as it gets cold and gray falls from the air
that you will go on
the same tune no matter where
you find yourself—
inside the dome of dark
or under the cracking white
of the moon’s gaze in a valley of snow.
Tonight as it gets cold
what you know which is nothing
but the tune your bones play
as you keep going. And you will be able
for once to lie down under the small fire
of winter stars.
And if it happens that you cannot
go on or turn back
and you find yourself
where you will be at the end,
in that final flowing of cold through your limbs
that you love what you are.
Mark Strand, ‘Lines For Winter’ (for Ross Krauss)