“What is a lie, Verity? A lie is a story told. That’s all. And we can rewrite our stories. All of us. Write our own happy endings. Our own redefinitions. We don’t have to be what we’re told to be. Even by ourselves.”
Loki: Agent of Asgard #13 (2015) | w: Al Ewing, a: Lee Garbett, c: Antonio Fabela, l: Clayton Cowles
Top 5 favorite Loki moments/quotes from the comics
All of these but one ended up being from Journey Into Mystery or Agent of Asgard, haha. I mean, probably predictable, as far as I’m concerned those are the best series for Loki that have happened possibly ever, but.
1. All of Journey Into Mystery #645, which remains one of the single most heartbreaking comics I have read ever, but especially:
2. From Agent of Asgard #17 (it’s my header):
3. The “for myself!” moment in the Surtur Saga (Thor #353).
4. The moment in Agent of Asgard #13 when Loki chooses, not his past self or his child self - not evil or oblivion - but something else.
5. The end of Agent of Asgard #17. All of it, down to the last panel with Loki drawing the door in blank space that says “next”, but especially:
It’s such a powerful mission statement for the series as a whole, and a concluding note to end on - especially how it echoes Loki’s words in Siege: Loki (which was really the issue that opened up his modern era as a character): “this isn’t mischief, this is mayhem.” This isn’t that Loki. He’s changed, evolved, and this set of panels underlines that.