It’s just so interesting looking back on what Arya told her Father about her future.
“Can I be a King’s Councillor and build castles and become the High Septon?”
Ned tells her she will marry a King and rule his Castle, and will possibly have a child that may become the High Septon.
The similarities to Good Queen Alysanne is almost freakish.
- Alysanne wasn’t raised with the expectation that she would be Queen.
- Alysanne was the youngest daughter of King Aenys I Targaryen. Same with Arya.
- Alysanne was 12 years old when her brother became king. Arya will turn 12 in Winds of Winter, when Jon becomes KiTN
- Alysanne was a dragonrider who loved to flyArya also has a bond with a mythical beast in her Direwolf, one that she can warg. Arya also expresses a desire to fly several times. She says she wants to turn into a wolf with wings
- Alysanne is a keen archer and hunter. Very “tomboy” and unlady-like activities. Arya has demonstrated all these traits.
- Queen Alysanne enjoyed physical activity (a quality that would have appealed to her brother Jaehaerys, who was reputed to be a fine rider as well as a skilled archer and horseman). They spent many years growing up together before Jaehaerys became King. Alysanne’s older sister already married off several times in violent and political marriages.
- Alysanne married her brother Jaehaerys and became Queen. She was also the King’s most trusted Counsellor.It is commonly believed the name Lyanna gives Jon at his birth is Jaehaerys.
- Alysanne was loved by the smallfolk. She lived amongst them even after becoming Queen. Sounds familiar?
“Sansa knew all about the sorts of people Arya liked to talk to: squires and grooms and serving girls, old men and naked children, rough-spoken freeriders of uncertain birth. Arya would make friends with anybody.”
“Arya had loved nothing better than to sit at her farthers table and listen to them talk. She had loved listening to the men on the benches too; to freeriders tough as leather, courtly knights and bold young squires, and gizzeld old men at arms.”
Arya, even while being brainwashed by the FM, she is still a social butterfly. Still making friends where ever she went. It’s interesting she preferred Cat of the Canals of all of her other disguises. Sidenote: In her backstory for Cat, Arya actually says that Cat arrived to Braavos on ship named Nymeria.
“She missed the friends she’d had when she was Cat of the Canals; Old Brusco with his bad back, his daughters Talea and Brea, the mummers from the Ship, Merry and her whores at the Happy Port, all the other rogues and wharfside scum. She missed Cat herself the most of all, even more than she missed her eyes. She had liked being Cat, more than she had ever liked being Salty or Squab or Weasel or Arry.”
- Queen Alysanne planned and funded the building of a Castle called Deep Lake. She had Queensgate named in her honor. Arya wants to build Castles
Alysanne was a fierce believer in woman’s rights and actively changed societies standards. “Alysanne saw no reason why a man should be favored over a woman”. Which is something Arya strongly believes in and has even told Jon directly.