Hey! So, there's this new boy in my class and he's really cute and handsome. I think that I'm actually slowly developing a crush on him. The problem is that we haven't even had a proper conversation and I want to get to know him at least. I'm definitely shy. How do I approach him? Have a wonderful day. ❤
Can I just say I am in the same boat as you, as for having a crush on someone an you feel you are falling for them but yet talking in person is a little tough? Because I understand where you’re coming from! & I’ve got some amazing advice for you today.
For starters, getting to know your crush is actually pretty simple, but when you’re stuck in the moment about how cute they are, sometimes it can slip your mind.
How to talk to your crush:
Pay Attention to their Body Language
When you are around your crush, do they shuffle their feet or avoid eye contact for a long period of time? This might be a sign they are nervous around you — which is either because they have a hard time talking to people or they like you! If they do like you, they might show some other body language signs like standing close to you, giving you side hugs and being playful with you. On the other hand, if their body language appears closed off, like they are folding their arms and turned slightly away from you when you talk, this might be a sign that they need some time to warm up to you.
Listen to What They Talk About
When talking to your crush, keep a mental note about what you two talk about. If they show genuine interest in you by asking you questions to get to know you better — like asking about your family or what you do in your free time — this is a pretty good sign that they might have feelings for you. And of course, if they compliment you, that’s a big plus. Another sign: They stumble on their words. That’s a clue that they might be nervous around you — in a good way!
See What They’re Up to When You are Around
If your crush also has a crush on you, there a few signs that might give them away just by what they do when you are in the same room with them. They might try to show off on the basketball court to get your attention. You also just might catch them looking at you from afar in the halls or during lunch.
Is your crush jumping at the chance to be your partner in science class? Or is walking with you in-between classes or finding silly excuses to talk to you? These are all good indicators that they like you — especially if they text you for no reason!
You could also ask your crush some interesting questions, something like the following are always options. Be creative and the words will come flowing, give it some time.
Ice breaker questions:
- If you had just won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
- If you knew that you only had a year left to live, what would you do?
- What is something you have never done but would like to do?
- If you had three wishes, what would they be?
- If you had the chance to start any business, what would it be?
- Would you rather go a week without your phone or a week without your toothbrush?
- If you could send a message to the whole world, what would it be?
- If you had to pick a new name for yourself, what name would you pick?
Those are a few that I thought of off the top of my head. There is endless questions in this world. Its mostly a matter of what you’re wanting to learn about the person and actually putting an effort into asking and answering questions :)
Now, I have some advice on how you can talk to your crush when you’re
shy, below are some links on how you can cope with being shy.
Helpful Links on Shyness:
- CNN how to overcome shyness:
- How to overcome shyness (with pictures).
- 20 ways to overcome shyness.
- Overcoming shyness & becoming more confident.
- How to shake sadness (teens).
- 5 easy steps to overcome shyness.
Tips for talking to your crush (things to try/remember.)
- Be yourself and embrace your qualities and talents.
- Use your inner voice- speak from your heart :)
- Give examples of your feelings for your crush
- Talk about things that you both have in common
- Offer some help- maybe he needs a study buddy or someone to vent to
- Have a desire to get to know him more (ask questions and stay in tune)
- Use coping skills when you feel strong urges or emotions such as (anger, sadness or even when you’re nervous
I hope that my advice helps and I hope everything works out for you :) I’m always here & only an ask away. Take care & don’t forget to smile. :) xx