Chicken Adobo (just like the way my mom makes it)
What I used:
- Chicken of course. I prefer drumsticks.
- Couple of potatoes. I used 4. Cut however desired.
- Garlic. I use three cloves. Two for marinading, one for frying.
- Onion. Used half for frying other for marinading.
- Soy sauce
- Vinegar. I prefer Datu Puti’s coconut vinegar of course!
- Oyster sauce.
- Whole Black Peppercorns
- Olive Oil
What I did:
- First and foremost, clean your chicken! You don’t want anything dirty or weird on it now do you?
- Cut your potatoes and onions. Have some garlic for marinading whole, and the other minced for frying.
- Take a pot. Put in: soy sauce, vinegar, water, garlic, half of the onion cut in fours, whole black peppercorns all together with the chicken so that it’ll marinade the sauce. Get your hands dirty if you have to. Make sure they bathe in there :)
- Let that boil and simmer for around 30 minutes or whenever the chicken is tender. I usually leave it until the meat looks like its about to fall of the bones. I love it like that.
- On the other side, fry your potatoes until cooked (lightly brown).
- Add in the garlic and onions in the frying pan.
- When the chicken is all tender, pour all of the chicken with the sauce AND the potatoes, onions and garlic in a wok. Let that simmer until the sauce gets a little thick. Drizzle some oyster sauce and mix mix mix! That should do it justice :)
Hope you enjoy!
Your poor inexperienced college student,