Welcome to FrUK Week!
The time for FrUK Week is upon us. It will be from 9 July to 15 July, 2017!
Here are the prompts:
9 July / Day 1: Royalty-Cardverse/Lavender
10 July / Day 2: Pirate AU/Gold
11 July / Day 3: Mermaid-Siren AU/Emerald-Green
12 July / Day 4: Spy AU/Gray
13 July / Day 5: “It’s really hard to say ‘I love you’.”/Peach
14 July / Day 6: FACE Family/Teal
15 July / Day 7: NSFW/Scarlet
Each day has an assigned prompt, but if anyone can’t fulfill a prompt for that day, they are free to still do something for it on the following days. Don’t feel pressured to have everything on time. The prompts are there as motivators. If anyone misses day 4, they can post that entry on day 5 and it will be okay! If someone misses the whole week and wants to post all their entries in one day, go for it. Just make sure to keep with the dates!
In addition, there will be colors assigned to each day, so you all will have 2 options for each day. If you don’t feel the prompt of “Pirate AU”, for example, but you do feel the prompt of “Gold”, then you can have the choice to pick which one you want.
Here are the guidelines:
- Please be respectful to everyone! That includes people that do and don’t participate. This is to enjoy the pretty work people have done. Please don’t bash it.
- I feel like this is a very important rule: Please do not have France and England hit each other! Violence is not romantic.
- We have a lot of AUs as prompts, woohoo!! Given that fact, I suggest using that AU that is assigned to their day, however, if you do not feel comfortable with the assigned au, you are more than welcome to use an AU you do like. I do encourage you all to use the prompts assigned, though. This is to have fun so if you’re not comfortable with canon settings, and prefer AUs, go right ahead and use an AU to your liking.
- That isn’t to say canon settings aren’t welcome. Historical stuff is great! Wanna do WWII setting? Go for it! Wanna do 100 Years War? Very okay. Entente Cordiale? A-okay.
- Any rating is permitted, ranging from PG to R/NC-17/MA. I’ve used the fanfiction.net rating system for years, so I know that better: K to M. Whatever works for you:
- K/K+ - very benign and no mature themes are featured.
- T - Language/swearing is featured and some make out stuff. In ff.net, it was called a lime, if anyone is familiar with that.
- M - Mature conent is featured, such as smut/lemons.
- If writing fanfiction:
- Writing can be in any language the author feels comfortable writing. Although there are people that can write in English, others that do not wish to, or don’t feel comfortable, or simply don’t want to or can’t, have the opportunity and liberty to write in their language.
- There is no word limit as long as the fic is longer than 100 words at least.
- Authors can write drabbles/ficlets, one-shots, poems, and if anyone wants to do a chapter story, I’m all for it as long as the author can handle it. Just don’t stress yourselves.
- Please place stories under a READ MORE, if they’re longer than 100 words.
- If drawing fanart, please write somewhere in the caption that the work belongs to you. If you watermark it, that is also good!
I don’t really have any rules for this other than do your thing and try your best. Wanna color it? Make it colorful. Wanna keep it black and white? Hey, man, aesthetic. If it is NSFW, it is up to you if you want to put it under a read more.
- You are free to interpret the prompts however you like.
For example, if a person chooses the prompt ‘Married Couple’, they can write/draw/edit anything they want with that theme as long as it is there. Like, it could be that France and England always act like a married couple, they argue like a married couple, things like that. Living together like a married couple? Totally. Get creative, you guys can do it!
- Whether you use our regular gay babies, nyotalia, 2p!talia, transtalia, nekotalia, other kinds of talias, so long as it’s FrUK, it is accepted!
- Did you know you can also do edits? Yes, you can! Edits are great! If using canon artwork, state it is drawn by Hima-papa. If using outside images, please source accordingly. Sources that are not acceptable are:Zerochan, WeHeartIt, Photobucket, FanPop, and other sites like those. Provide a link to the original work if edited. If possible, ask the artists for permission.
- I feel like this is necessary to note: Do not bash other ships. Please keep FrUK as the main focus of the prompt!
- Use the tag #frukweek2017 so it can be easy to find.
- Tag works accordingly, such as FrUK, nsfw, nyotalia, transtalia, etc.
- Tag any triggers!!! Like guns, blood, and other stuff that can trigger people. If anyone has any triggers, let me know so I can add it to the list on here and so people can watch out for that while tagging.
- Please tag with the day and prompt being used
For example, if using Day 2′s prompt, tag as #Day 2: pirate au gold, or #Day 2.